Villa Podcasts

Hornso

57 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Only 6k views and 350 likes for the recent Martin Laursen interview on the official club YouTube?! It's a great watch. You can feel the love he has for the club. Get on it and show some support for one of our greatest ever defenders!

Perhaps you could link it? :mrgreen:

Watched both the Villa View Petrov video and the Laursen interview early this morning..

Spent the next few hours watching past clips, Saturday morning at work sorted haha

• Like 3

Thanks to @ciggiesnbeerfor bringing these guys to my attention. I've been really enjoying their podcasts over the summer. I look forward to hearing how their show is during season time. Football Weekly and Totally Football Show got a little stale for me last season and even the Football Ramble lost my interest. Ready to get going again though now we're back in the big time.

The Villa View episode with Stan was great and I'm glad it wasn't just heavily focused on his illness, as huge a deal as it was. I think he'd make a good manager or coach at the very least. If Di Matteo had kept him in and around the place he might have had the season at least. 

• Like 3

I was watching some young red headed lad who was talking about Villa yesterday, and he made the comment, "if you don't know who Aston Villa are", after spitting out my weet-bix for breakfast, I'm thinking are there really that many ignorant people who can't go back further than 3 years of premier league? 

PS fan of the Villa View and Villa on Tour.

6 minutes ago, knoppy1987 said:

The Villa View with Petrov was brilliant. The Houllier stuff was very odd. Enjoying this Podcast. 

The Houllier stuff surprised me, I was always under the impression that if Houllier had remained at the helm for a few seasons we would have stabilized. Just shows you never know what's going on behind the scenes. 

17 hours ago, wilko154 said:

The Houllier stuff surprised me, I was always under the impression that if Houllier had remained at the helm for a few seasons we would have stabilized. Just shows you never know what's going on behind the scenes. 

I completely agree. Perhaps teaches me to reserve a little bit of judgement in future despite being a little less critical of our managers despite at times thinking it. Great listening though I must say. I wonder who is on Stan's backroom staff. 

The Petrov interview with Villa View is superb. Stan was always a likeable guy but it's really great to see his insight and for him to be so straight on his time here only reveals more about how great of a character he is. 

If he fancied it I think he'd be a great figure to have around the club in some capacity. Obviously he backs himself to take a managerial seat, but if there's a space here with one of the youth sides as a coach for a couple of years it might be good for everyone.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2019 at 14:15, wilko154 said:

not that surprising, Houllier seemed to have no man management skills before he got to Villa.

I am new to all this podcast stuff, but been listening to the "Villa View" with the Sir Brian Little interview. SBL comes across as a person that has genuine love for the Villa. I saw him play many times and had the pleasure of meeting him before a game a season or two ago. What a great guy and ambassador for us......

I need to explore more of these Villa podcast things.......thanks for the recommendations...

Regards to all

Derek 

• Like 1

Under the gaslit lamp have written some fantastic articles recently with in depth analysis of potential targets etc. They also have a podcast which I think is called gathering around the lamp. Worth a listen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/07/2019 at 14:15, wilko154 said:

Not for me. We had a great spell at the end of the season when he was too ill to be anywhere near us. To me that spoke volumes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Houllier touching the Liverpool sign when walking to the pitch was it for me and him. Our bromance was over. I'm not at all surprised he pissed some players off. 

touching the sign was irrelevant. Losing 3-0 to Hodgson's Liverpool and him treating the game as if it was his testimonial was a lot worse. Think he did a lap of honour at the end

• Like 1

Â