Match Thread: Reading v Villa

limpid

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this at all.  I get sitting back against Reading - they will try and keep the ball and break, sitting back works.  But you can't use Scott Hogan as an outlet for a 50 yard hoof.

The last 10 minutes there were OK.  Probably like a 4/10 OK.  The rest has been garbage.  Andre Green has been the only player looking anything like.

Utterly turgid stuff.

We don't look particularly troubled at the back. Reading aren't doing much with their possession.

But we are absolutely dreadful with the ball. We're not even trying to pass it. It's just one pass to a midfielder if we're lucky and then a hoof. Every time.

This truly is some of the worst 'football' I have seen. It honestly does look like relegation is a high possibility this season with Bruce in charge. As others have mentioned on here already, this is how teams like Bolton or Burton should be playing, not a side that has spent £50m +. So depressing..

Edited by Kentish Villan
  • Like 2

I can't actually believe what I just saw. We have spent millions and have nothing to show for it. We don't have a plan to win the ball back. We don't have a plan when we have the ball. Floating crosses into Gabby???? really

Hoofing the ball up to Hogan?????

Shit!

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Utterly turgid stuff.

We don't look particularly troubled at the back. Reading aren't doing much with their possession.

But we are absolutely dreadful with the ball. We're not even trying to pass it. It's just one pass to a midfielder if we're lucky and then a hoof. Every time.

We don't look troubled at the back because we have 8 players in or on the edge of the area.

We are playing like a newly promoted team who can't compete against the big boys.