Match Thread: Cardiff v Villa

limpid

Lansbury, Hutton, gabby and hogan have been absolute dog shit.

only onomah has been decent.

set plays shit

passimg shit

attacking shit

creating chances shit

so what the hell have you been doing in pre season Bruce???

• Like 2

Positives so far, Onomah has looked good. 

Negatives: Just about exactly the same as last year, don't create chances, midfield to deep. Hutton. No left side. Hogan is non existance and is not a target man. Gabby (The experiment failed, please stop using him). When we win possession, we play it back to chester/Terry, Lansbury and Whelan tuck back in to defense (so that we are playing with 6 at the back) and then we hoof it to no one. We have no outlets, we need and have needed since A. Young a left winger. the gap between midfield and attack is much too big. Poor poor poor and making me depressed watching it. I hate you Bruce. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

This squad isn't suddenly going to magically turn into league winners under a better manager - the talent and the depth isn't there.

We're a top half side at best, we're miles from competing to win this league - to do that, we need a left back, a central midfielder, a left winger, a goalkeeper and a right back.

I'm sorry I have to very much disagree with that second line there. We have talent, they have proven it elsewhere. The ineptitude on display is the result of one man's overarching paucity of competence. 

Hutton should never start for us again on this display.  We do need something up front, but that side is in theory good enough to get promoted. That we look so far from achieving that, is not their fault. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Total **** garbage, **** you Bruce, you utter shit **** word removed, **** waste of space. 

Not in his fan club then? ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Rodders said:

I'm sorry I have to very much disagree with that second line there. We have talent, they have proven it elsewhere. The ineptitude on display is the result of one man's overarching paucity of competence. 

Hutton should never start for us again on this display.  We do need something up front, but that side is in theory good enough to get promoted. That we look so far from achieving that, is not their fault. 

Yes, the hallmark of Bruce's 'management' is that he can take the leagues most creative midfielder and turn him into an utter plodder who now can't get a game and take one of the leagues most deadly finishers and turn him into a **** waste of space with no killer instinct. 

2 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

We can't afford to go 10 games playing like this.  Bruce has had his pre season and nothing seems to have changed.  IF we lose this he has to win the next two or three games or he is out IMO.

I was all for seeing where we were after 10 games but to be honest I've seen nothing to suggest Bruce has improved us -  hugely disappointing :(