Match Thread: Cardiff v Villa

limpid

We can't change Gabby or Taylor - no alternatives available in those positions - Terry and Chester don't need changing - it'd be crazy to swap out Onomah - Adomah is only just on and Hogan is our only fit striker that can grow a moustache and Whelan I'd leave on for now.

Hutton and Lansbury are the potential changes - I'd love to see Bree and Hourihane on if it weren't for the change we've already made (make three changes at half time against Warnock and he'll kick you to bits in the second half to force an injury) - so, which one do you go for?

For me I'd have Hourihane on - our best chance might be a set piece.

Got to be the worst team ever when it comes to throw ins. Static no movement and lose possession 75% of the time.

We knew it would be physical, they are going direct to 2 fast forwards who can hold the ball up.

There's zero movement and our best ball carrier is having to drop back to receive it.

Taylor fails to impress time after time and our midfield is not playing quick to feet passes out wide.

Get ohare on for lansbury and also take gabby off for green to give us a bit of passion and pace.

This is too slow and laboursome 

It's getting hard to remain optimistic when you watch that..... We don't take what chances we get and we gift the opposition chances. I really was expecting better, I thought we started ok, but it is starting to look like nothing has changed :( I hope we score 3 goals now I'll gladly make the humble pie.  

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This squad isn't suddenly going to magically turn into league winners under a better manager - the talent and the depth isn't there.

We're a top half side at best, we're miles from competing to win this league - to do that, we need a left back, a central midfielder, a left winger, a goalkeeper and a right back.

Of which Bruce has bought so far, one left back, 4? central midfielders, one goalkeeper and one right back + one left winger (Birkir i consider a left winger, though I honestly don't know). Absolute disgrace of a manager. 

Not to mention all the other crap the manager has brought in. I don't think one of his signings has looked even decent so far except for maybe Taylor.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We can't change Gabby or Taylor - no alternatives available in those positions - Terry and Chester don't need changing - it'd be crazy to swap out Onomah - Adomah is only just on and Hogan is our only fit striker that can grow a moustache and Whelan I'd leave on for now.

Hutton and Lansbury are the potential changes - I'd love to see Bree and Hourihane on if it weren't for the change we've already made (make three changes at half time against Warnock and he'll kick you to bits in the second half to force an injury) - so, which one do you go for?

I want to play football. Link up O'Hare with Hogan and Onomah. Hook Hutton for Bree on 60.

• Like 1

Gabby Agbonlahor has got to be the biggest fraud in football going. The bloke is robbing a living. I don't care if he scored last week or he got the winner against Blues, the bloke is an absolute disgrace and should not be a footballer. We may aswell play with 10 men, or even worse play Bacuna instead of him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

We can't afford to go 10 games playing like this.  Bruce has had his pre season and nothing seems to have changed.  IF we lose this he has to win the next two or three games or he is out IMO.

If Bruce gets another 3 games is a gross dereliction of duty from Round and Wyness

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Honestly I'd take Gabby off and push Onomah up. I'd then bring Hourihane on and play him more advanced. Onomah will do far more than Gabby further up the pitch, as he has already shown. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Honestly I'd take Gabby off and push Onomah up. I'd then bring Hourihane on and play him more advanced. Onomah will do far more than Gabby further up the pitch, as he has already shown. 

So who would you play on the left?

1 minute ago, Warnock said:

Gabby Agbonlahor has got to be the biggest fraud in football going. The bloke is robbing a living. I don't care if he scored last week or he got the winner against Blues, the bloke is an absolute disgrace and should not be a footballer. We may aswell play with 10 men, or even worse play Bacuna instead of him.

That one goal will likely be the only one for another 15 games. If he scores today that'll probably be it for the season. Not enough.

Unfortunately, Bruce likes the Huttons and the Agbonlahors, no matter their faults.

• Like 1