The Chop List - Summer 2016

Condimentalist

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

If there are people on the list like Hutton who say they aren't going anywhere, is that a case of chopstick?

And if we need to get rid quickly,chop-chop ?

And are they in the chop window ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id get rid of hutton, gil cissokho, gardner and elphick

No one is taking Richards and gabby unfortunately 

Agree on all those but would add amavi and bacuna to the list .

22 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Agree on all those but would add amavi and bacuna to the list .

I like amavi but i think he is off. Bacuna I think is a good squad player to have. i have my reservations over Thor too, but will give him until the winter to prove himself 

I think of where we are currently at.. we could possibly be looking at seeing the exit of the following.

Golloini (2nd season on loan)  

Steer or Bunn. (We only need one 2nd/3rd choice keeper)

Elphick (Not good enough.. Sty rumoured to be interested.)

Amavi (Deemed surplus)

Cissoko (Another loan if nothing perminant arises?)

Hutton/Richards (One or Both for the reason they are just hanging around collecting a wage and offer no real purpose.)

Sanchez (Surplus)

Veretout (Another of the French influx that never really happened for him here.)

Gil (Unsettled and surplus it seems) {Personally I would have loved to have seen a full season of him playing in the middle between Grealish & Traore}

Lyden ( Loaned out or sold)

Bacuna or Tshbola (No need for both of them and Albert Adomah already competition.

Agbonlahor / McCormack (No need for either or both, depending on what happens with Hepburn-Murphy too)

So altogether potentially 12/14 players could have left before we kick a ball come August.

Still leaves us a squad of 19/20 leaving room for a few new players to arrive and improve areas where really needed.

On 06/07/2017 at 19:18, theboyangel said:

All for the chop as not good enough or don't want to be here.

bunn

richards

elphick

amavi

bacuna

gardner

veretout

gil

gabby

elmohamady

loil94.jpg

• Like 1

Sooo.

Massive question mark over Johnstone but if he's here then he's here. Sarkic can warm a bench, Steer could do with some game time. I'd loan him out with a recall option if possible and BUNN is so surplus to requirements he's almost not worth mentioning.

Defensively it should go without saying I don't ever want to see Richards playing for us again. I thought we were finally shot of Hutton, but if RDL needs a bit of time I can accept him being back up to Bree and it puts no pressure on RDL to rush back so maybe my prejudices cloud me from seeing some good management there? Either way, Bree/Chester/Terry/Taylor is what I want to see. Baker will be adequate cover. I'd honestly rather see Suliman get some games over Elphick who can leave but he should really be 5th choice imo. Samba has looked both ok and immobile, wouldn't be against offering a short term deal IF we managed to move RICHARDS and ELPHICK and I suspect their wages might be the stumbling block there. Samba is not going to take the club forward I know but maybe with 5 mins to go holding onto a 1 goal lead he wouldn't be a bad option to throw on? CISSOKHO needs to go. And if anyone actually takes Amavi then so be it. Wouldn't be against him staying as LB cover if it doesn't come off. If he leaves we'll need to replace him.

I also think we are ok for Bacuna's. It's hard to put him in a defence or midfield paragraph if you're me, but we don't need any BACUNA's

So if VERETOUT is off no big loss, except financially of course. As for TSHIBOLA it looks to me like Bruce REALLY doesn't like him but like Veretout it would be no great loss. Maybe Lyden will come good, but I'd like to see some other competition for Jedinak. Whelan is pretty underwhelming but it's in the right position for me. Likewise with Elmohamady but we absolutely need a right winger for sure. GARDNER has been "maybe coming good this year" for about 7 years now, it's time to stop this madness. Green/Grealish as options down the left and Birkir as the utility guy would be a decent blend for me.

Up front I am resigned to Gabby being here, and while again my personal prejudices might cloud my judgement with him but It's hard to argue he didn't have an effect on games last season. He might only be good for mindless runs and some physicality these days but none of the others can match him there and it shows. Look, if someone actually wants Gabby and he wants to go sell, sell, sell! but I'm not as disgruntled as last year is what I'm getting at. Kodjia is obviously our only hope. Hogan is looking like a bad buy, but it's also amazing what a couple of goals can do to a strikers form and confidence. I have more concerns over McCORMACK to be fair and if we can get money for him and shift his wages I'd jump at it personally. RHM and Davis look promising anyway so 4th or 5th choice strikers being nippers from the academy isn't so bad. As others have said, some sort of target man wouldn't be a bad thing but look what happened with Gestede when we did that. I'd rather RHM or Davis got game time over someone like him or Kozak. Loaning a striker is always an option too. That Abraham lad didn't do so bad at Bristol City last year did he. Just saying. But I'm convincing myself more and more we don't need McCormack.

So for me

OUT - BUNN, RICHARDS, CISSOKHO, BACUNA, VERETOUT, GARDNER, TSHIBOLA, McCORMACK

LOAN OUT - Steer, Lyden

REPLACE IF THEY GO - AMAVI, ELPHICK

IN - Right Midfielder + Defensive Midfielder

(and then a striker, maybe on loan, if we get shot of McCormack.....or Gabby for that matter)

On 11/07/2017 at 12:34, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think of where we are currently at.. we could possibly be looking at seeing the exit of the following.

Golloini (2nd season on loan)  

Steer or Bunn. (Maybe both now 2nd/3rd choice keeper)

Elphick (Awaiting departure.)

Amavi (Awaiting departure)

Cissoko (Another loan if nothing perminant arises?)

Hutton/Richards (One or Both for the reason they are just hanging around collecting a wage and offer no real purpose.)

Sanchez (Surplus)

Veretout (Awaiting departure)

Gil (Awaiting departure)

Lyden (remains to be seen but could stay)

Bacuna or Tshbola (No need for both of them and Albert Adomah already competition.

Agbonlahor / McCormack (No need for either or both, depending on what happens with Hepburn-Murphy too)

So altogether potentially 12/14 players could have left before we kick a ball come August.

Still leaves us a squad of 19/20 leaving room for a few new players to arrive and improve areas where really needed.

So we now have a total of 35 players inc the additions of Eldo, Samba & Whelan.

Dr. Xia and SB have agreed to get the squad to 20 leaving room for 4/5 youth.

Would this be.. Green, Hepburn-Murphy, Gardner, Davis, Lyden.?

Now based on no more players coming in, I think the above 10 highlighted are more or less days numbered?

Just a matter of when and not if!.

Edited by AvfcRigo82