The Chop List - Summer 2016

Condimentalist

Good article Marv.

Pretty much agree we have kicked on so rapidly in 12 months behind the scenes is remarkable.

Remarkable in the sense that a lot of other fans had us down as imploding and even dropping to LGE1 last season.

In my all honest opinion had Dr Xia not stepped in when we did we actually would be sitting in LGE1 right now no matter who the manager was.

The Dr rightly put it with daft contracts on players.. and yes how the *$#% have players like Bacuna still got 3 years to go.

A shuddering thought in what the hell was written into the new relegation clauses!

More bright work from Tom Fox would it be?  Don't get me wrong he only continued the trend from the other useless arsehole Paul Faulkner.

The list will shorten eventually and trying to get players to leave who are still sitting on massive lengthy contracts is the sticking point.

A lot of the buying clubs will be put off by wage demands, or the player not wanting to move to that area, or his missus says they can't, whatever.

So then it's the loan path we need to look at which even then.. clubs cannot meet 100% of the wages these guys are on.. some not even 50% depending on their budgets for the season.

Take JT.. yes a bosman but even 'arry said signing him would eat up his entire budget for what JT would cost in wages/signing on fee.

Shipping out the remainder of the chop list is going to be very difficult indeed.

Loaning out players and still paying possibly up to 70/80% of their wages just to piss off is difficult with other teams biding by the FFP only being able to afford upto 40% wages for some of these players.

Which then asks.. why not pay off the remainder of the contract?

Let's say Bacuna for example.

70k a week (roughly £2.1m a season) and he has 3yrs remaining.

To pay this guy to leave could cost the club anywhere up to £5/6m to leave paying off his contract.

This is what we are facing from Ghosts of owners & ceo's past.

Difficult to handle when you still need 12 of them gone.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good article Marv.

Pretty much agree we have kicked on so rapidly in 12 months behind the scenes is remarkable.

Remarkable in the sense that a lot of other fans had us down as imploding and even dropping to LGE1 last season.

In my all honest opinion had Dr Xia not stepped in when we did we actually would be sitting in LGE1 right now no matter who the manager was.

The Dr rightly put it with daft contracts on players.. and yes how the *$#% have players like Bacuna still got 3 years to go.

A shuddering thought in what the hell was written into the new relegation clauses!

More bright work from Tom Fox would it be?  Don't get me wrong he only continued the trend from the other useless arsehole Paul Faulkner.

The list will shorten eventually and trying to get players to leave who are still sitting on massive lengthy contracts is the sticking point.

A lot of the buying clubs will be put off by wage demands, or the player not wanting to move to that area, or his missus says they can't, whatever.

So then it's the loan path we need to look at which even then.. clubs cannot meet 100% of the wages these guys are on.. some not even 50% depending on their budgets for the season.

Take JT.. yes a bosman but even 'arry said signing him would eat up his entire budget for what JT would cost in wages/signing on fee.

Shipping out the remainder of the chop list is going to be very difficult indeed.

Loaning out players and still paying possibly up to 70/80% of their wages just to piss off is difficult with other teams biding by the FFP only being able to afford upto 40% wages for some of these players.

To pay this guy to leave could cost the club anywhere up to £5/6m to leave paying off his contract.

Bacuna's on 70k a week!!!

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

Surely not....

Good article Marv.

Where have you taken £70k a week from? I'm pretty sure he won't be on half of that to be honest. Added to the fact that he played a fair few games last year and did alright I'd say he's not the best example of wasting money.

If you'd picked Micah Richards I'd be more in agreement. He's probably on at least £40k and genuinely offers absolutely nothing.

Good article Marv.

I'm also going to add my name to the list of people wondering where on earth you got £70k a week wages for Bacuna??? I'd guess he's on more like £25k/£30k-would have more than likely had some sort of relegation wage drop?

• Like 2

Pierluigi Gollini    GK (Loaned out)

Nathan Baker    DF (Sold)

Micah Richards    DF**

Alan Hutton    DF**

Jordan Amavi    DF**

Aly Cissokho    DF**

Carles Gil    MF (Loaned out)

Leandro Bacuna    MF**

Aaron Tshibola     MF**

Jordan Veretout MF (Loaned out)

Gary Gardner    MF**

Carlos Sanchez  MF (Loaned out till end of contract)

Jordan Lyden    MF**

Ross McCormack     ST**

Would we agree that atleast 5 of these highlighted will be leaving?

52 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Micah Richards    DF**

Alan Hutton    DF**

Jordan Amavi    DF**

Aly Cissokho    DF**

Leandro Bacuna    MF**

Aaron Tshibola     MF**

Gary Gardner    MF**

Jordan Lyden    MF**

Ross McCormack     ST**

Cissokho has been sold and Tshbola has been loaned out already.

As for the others, if I had to guess the most likely I would say Gardner and McCormack will be off. Amavi will only go if we get a good deal for him (£6-7m +). Gut feeling, I reckon he'll be here when the window closes.

The others will stay. I reckon Bruce likes both Hutton and Bacuna, no one will have Richards. 

55 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Micah Richards    DF**

Alan Hutton    DF**

Jordan Amavi    DF**

Aly Cissokho    DF**

Leandro Bacuna    MF**

Aaron Tshibola     MF**

Gary Gardner    MF**

Jordan Lyden    MF**

Ross McCormack     ST**

4-5 more out, after Cissokho & Tshibola...

tumblr_m37go7mT0Z1r9rjs4.gif

Micah Richards    DF**

Alan Hutton    DF**

Jordan Amavi    DF**

Aly Cissokho    DF**

Leandro Bacuna    MF**

Aaron Tshibola     MF**

Gary Gardner    MF**

Jordan Lyden    MF**

Ross McCormack     ST**

Veretout has been sold, not loaned out. 

From that list I'd say that McCormack and Lyden are basically already out the door. I think Elphick will go who you haven't listed and I can see Gardner and Amavi getting sold too. 

Richards we'll have to pay off which won't happen, Hutton and Bacuna are fancied by Bruce so not going anywhere unless we're offered money we can't afford to turn down. 

Think the likes of Sarkic, RHM, CBT, Davis and O'Hare could all potentially be out on loan by the end of the month too. 

Carlos Sanchez was sold on July 1st to Fiorentina  for £2.5m, and as previously stated, Vertout has been sold not loaned out! Cissokho has also been sold.

As for the rest;

Gollini     make a decision as to keep or sell at the end of his loan spell, unless someone makes a bid.

Richards   fit with concrete boots and drop off somewhere in the Atlantic, if we can't afford to pay him off.

Hutton  if as we are led to believe, Sheffield are interested, then sell,sell,sell!

Amavi    do not loan to anyone, Unless a sale at the end of the loan is written into loan contract! Any formal bids, then sell,sell,sell!

Gil       as per Gollini.

Bacuna   as per Amavi.

Tshibola  as per Gollini  (he has been loaned out).

Gardner  as per Amavi.

Lyden     unsure of how long he's got left on his contract, but needs 1st team game time, and is unlikely to get it with Villa. Loan/sell asap.

McCormack  wanted on loan by Sunderland. I'd only sanction this, if a sale was written into the loan contract.Sell,sell,sell asap.

Elphick   Supposed interest from a couple of clubs, then sell,sell,sell

Agbonlahor  as I don't buy into giving this parasite any more second chances, sell or get some more concrete....see Richards

As for Steer and Bunn I'd get rid of both as soon as the season ends, if not before