Germany 23rd July

NeilS

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Well seeing as we're the champions will must have to defend our glorious trophy! 

Are we going to get an open bus parade ? 

Looking at the state of the trophy it'll be in one of these........

safaribus2.jpg

Edited by Hoof hearted
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Council won't allow it because we don't carry the name of the city. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

I'm still so confused. 

For one, I can't find anything about the Cup of Traditions online. Are we the only team to ever achieve such heights? 

There is something on wiki about the 2016 cup of traditions. Last year it was called the  Schauinsland-Reisen-Cup due to sponsorship. Hertha BSC were the previous champions and must be totally gutted to be handing back such a beautiful cup. 

Nb having Googled images for 2016 Schauinsland-Reisen-Cup the Hertha players look a lot happier with it than ours do! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

@Grasshopper...... You're thoughts on our little trip to Germany.

Bear in mind mate that last week when we played poorly, I was happy to concede you made some valid points and gave a pretty accurate summation of the game. 

Would be really interested in how you saw the two matches. 

6 hours ago, Daweii said:

Terry has only been here a few weeks and he's already won some silverware.. Impressive.

Silverware...:D.... I think that trophy is made of melted down nerf gun bullets. But not the good ones made by 'nerf', but the crap ones that you get from Poundland that are poorly moulded and painted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Well seeing as we're the champions we must have the opportunity to defend our glorious trophy! 

SHA would already be arranging one....

4 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Looking at the state of the trophy it'll be in one of these........

safaribus2.jpg

Apparently a 10" replica of th trophy is available from a trophy  shop in Sheffield - £13.00

That was encouraging.  I was most impressed with a clear increase in movement off the ball and closing down opponents much more quickly and farther up field.  Maybe being in a bunker isn't the only option we have.

Oh, and while the trophy is certainly unique...... i kinda like it.   Unique can be good.

Â