• limpid

      Just visiting?   27/12/16

      Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
dounavilla

Ugo Ehiogu

222 posts in this topic

dounavilla    2,722

Apparent heart attack.

Report here.

Sorry for short link.

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39660196

Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu is in hospital after collapsing at Tottenham's training centre on Thursday.

The 44-year-old, who is Spurs' Under-23s coach, received medical treatment on site being transferred to hospital by ambulance, the Premier League club confirmed.

"Everyone at the club sends their best wishes to Ugo and his family," Tottenham added in a statement.

Ehiogu has been at Spurs since 2014.

He made over 200 appearances for Aston Villa between 1991 and 2000 before spending seven years at Middlesbrough.

Ehiogu, who was capped four times by England, also played for West Brom, Leeds, Rangers and Sheffield United before retiring in 2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Designer1    6,641

Cracking defender.

Get well soon big fella :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr_Pangloss    6,773

:(

Terrific defender, really top class on his day, had the lot, hopefully pulls through and gets back to full health as best possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrentVilla    15,152

Cracking player for us (other than his first game v Norwich) and really nice bloke. He was an unbelievable fit guy as well.

Speedy recovery big fella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OutByEaster?    7,828

I've got a shirt at home with his name on the back; loved the big fella. A genuine nice bloke by all accounts too. I hope he's well soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveAV1    625
1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Cracking player for us (other than his first game v Norwich) and really nice bloke. He was an unbelievable fit guy as well.

Speedy recovery big fella

I recall that Norwich game well. Big Ron was his gaffer then and coined the phrase, "Having a Ugo" for anyone who cocked up in training or had a bad game. That was great man management by Ron, making a joke of it and in doing so helping him to quickly move on. And move on from it he did, a great defender in a much happier era for us. 

Get well soon big fella. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrentVilla    15,152
10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've got a shirt at home with his name on the back; loved the big fella. A genuine nice bloke by all accounts too. I hope he's well soon.

 

Cheap &@-/:&£ ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
markavfc40    7,544

Remember watching his debut against Norwich and thinking he was way out of his depth. How wrong I was as he was an excellent defender and was a rock alongside Macca and Southgate.

Shocking if it is a heart attack at 44 and puts things into perspective for me as I am only a year younger.

Good luck to the big fella.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveAV1    625
21 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Remember watching his debut against Norwich and thinking he was way out of his depth. How wrong I was as he was an excellent defender and was a rock alongside Macca and Southgate.

Shocking if it is a heart attack at 44 and puts things into perspective for me as I am only a year younger.

Good luck to the big fella.

I'm 10 years older and just slightly less fit than Ugo. I've just moved an Easter egg out of reach!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites