13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It will be applause.

in fairness to them lot they were decent about Dalian, Taylor and Petrov's illness.  I think some things just transcend petty rivalry. 

At times like these football tends to come together.

Absolutely if it was a blose player I would join in the applause. Football rivalry takes a back seat when this happens

• Like 4

Gutted. One of the first Villa players I knew when I started following...... Feel sorry for his family. Having experienced sudden death in the family it knocks you about. Does anyone know if he has kids?

Edited by Villan_of_oz

There have been many high profile people passing away recently, it seems - however, this hits hardest for me.

Probably due to my age but, whilst incredibly sad that Dalian Atkinson and Graham Taylor passed away, I don't remember them that much.  Ugo, though, was a huge player during my most memorable time supporting Aston Villa.  A key figure in a colossal defensive line-up that won the 1996 League Cup - probably my favourite Villa moment.

Strangely enough, I started a new game of CM 97/98 last night and took charge of Villa (of course).  Have batted away offers from Liverpool and Arsenal for Ugo.  He really should've had more than 4 caps.

Rest in peace big man.  For me, a true, true Villa great. 

• Like 4

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Gutted. One of the first Villa players I knew when I started following...... Feel sorry for his family. Having experienced sudden death in the family it knocks you about. Does anyone if he has kids?

A daughter I believe

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â