Ugo Ehiogu

dounavilla

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It will be applause.

in fairness to them lot they were decent about Dalian, Taylor and Petrov's illness.  I think some things just transcend petty rivalry. 

At times like these football tends to come together.

Absolutely if it was a blose player I would join in the applause. Football rivalry takes a back seat when this happens

• Like 4

Gutted. One of the first Villa players I knew when I started following...... Feel sorry for his family. Having experienced sudden death in the family it knocks you about. Does anyone know if he has kids?

Edited by Villan_of_oz

There have been many high profile people passing away recently, it seems - however, this hits hardest for me.

Probably due to my age but, whilst incredibly sad that Dalian Atkinson and Graham Taylor passed away, I don't remember them that much.  Ugo, though, was a huge player during my most memorable time supporting Aston Villa.  A key figure in a colossal defensive line-up that won the 1996 League Cup - probably my favourite Villa moment.

Strangely enough, I started a new game of CM 97/98 last night and took charge of Villa (of course).  Have batted away offers from Liverpool and Arsenal for Ugo.  He really should've had more than 4 caps.

Rest in peace big man.  For me, a true, true Villa great. 

• Like 4

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Gutted. One of the first Villa players I knew when I started following...... Feel sorry for his family. Having experienced sudden death in the family it knocks you about. Does anyone if he has kids?

A daughter I believe

Â