Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Cazza preggers again from the fat love slug?!

i used to wonder how he managed to have a baby at the exact time that he was managing a **** up

then i realised he was just constantly managing **** ups...

• Haha 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

They are really going to work,  it will take time.  31 days for 1st big effects. When no one pays anyone else for invoices then it goes pop on the normal business level + everyday everything is worth less than yesterday.

Even if turned off there will be nothing there for them.

Your forgetting all the exemptions and grace periods that are starting to crawl out of the woodwork.

Don't trust the headlines.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Brexit, pandemic and a war. I bet Boris wishes he sat this one out.

This war has been the best thing to happen to him.

Completely taken the heat off back home. Him and Rishi were interviewed by the police under caution re: C-19 parties last week - barely heard a peep from the media. 

He idolises Churchill, I bet he’s loving this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Cizzler said:

Completely taken the heat off back home. Him and Rishi were interviewed by the police under caution re: C-19 parties last week - barely heard a peep from the media. 

Never in the field of human conflict...............

Has one fatty eaten so many doughnuts !!!

Just now, Cizzler said:

Yep, as I said last week, I'm waiting for the party report to be issued, amazed he hasn't hit the button on it in the last few days.  Maybe wait till the day Kyiv falls.

2 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

The invasion has got him off the hook temporarily for his previous misdemeanours.

I still think if he had his time again he’d not get involved in the leadership contest.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Might be turning now with more and more political parties pushing for us to join. Would be extraordinary since Sweden has long had our own version of "neutral"

Not sure how much traction it has in Swedish media but Sweden has been part of the Joint Expeditionary Force since 2018. It started in 2012 and although it’s not officially part of NATO it is a NATO initiative to encourage joint working and capability development.

Tbh after Ukraine I’m expecting Sweden to take the final step and join, though I don’t know if Finland will. Would make sense for both to enter NATO together so Putin cannot single either party out.

53 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Agreed, he’s now in his (self perceived) element.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not sure how much traction it has in Swedish media but Sweden has been part of the Joint Expeditionary Force since 2018. It started in 2012 and although it’s not officially part of NATO it is a NATO initiative to encourage joint working and capability development.

Tbh after Ukraine I’m expecting Sweden to take the final step and join, though I don’t know if Finland will. Would make sense for both to enter NATO together so Putin cannot single either party out.

No majority in Swedish Parliament yet. The right wants to but one of those parties wants a referendum before joining. I would like to see us join at the same time as Finland as you say. Would be best for both. 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

Those things are common knowledge, as I said we have our own interpretation of neutral. Always had.

Not sure we could join without a referendum because there still is a massive resistance against NATO here. Even now it only about 40% that are for it which is still the highest it's ever been. It's the first time ever that more people are for than against. With about 20% undecided according to polls.

We have an election in September and it's shaping up to be a big topic of course. The political parties smell there are populistic points to be won around defense and NATO

• Like 2

Some random little village of no military or strategic value just erased by Russian artillery. 

There’s no strategic logic to this and it feels like it’s personal to Putin now. Perhaps he wants to punish the Ukrainian population for rejecting his fantasy? Who knows. He can’t win if winning is to bring Ukraine back into the Russian family, all he can do now is make a desert and call it peace. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Some random little village of no military or strategic value just erased by Russian artillery. 

There’s no strategic logic to this and it feels like it’s personal to Putin now. Perhaps he wants to punish the Ukrainian population for rejecting his fantasy? Who knows. He can’t win if winning is to bring Ukraine back into the Russian family, all he can do now is make a desert and call it peace. 

The thing is, in this modern day and age he's getting caught red handed every turn of the way. There is no going back after this, either he lets the iron curtain descend or the people of Russia along with sanctions bring his horrid rule to an end. It's easy to keep people around him happy as long as he can keep them rich, but at one point one general (ala. Paulus or Rommel) will eventually call for an end to their war and the ball will start rolling. Germany in WW2 were extremely efficient in taking territory, this Russian army seems more and more incapable of anything but extremely slow progress, loss of equipment and being made fools out of by Ukranian civilians. 

No one had a camera freely available in their pocket in 1950, so Stalin could do whatever he wanted. This sort of shelling will hopefully contribute to EU delivering anti-aircraft batteries to create a no fly zone for Russia above Western Ukraine, and then they can work out of there until the war has cost too much for Putin. People said Russia would "definetly roll over Ukraine in a few days", yet here we are, over a week later.

• Like 2

I'm not in favour of war, hated every minute of Iraq x2, Afghanistan and the rest.

What is the human thing to do right now, yes we all want peace and love and chocolate sprinkles blah blah but that hasn't worked.

Putin obvs doesn't give a shit about anything but himself, he's crushing any anti war demos in Russia, sanctions won't hit him properly until deaths are in the 100s of thousands. What should a civilised society do RIGHT NOW. 

No-one wants their troops to get involved cos of the Nuclear threat, I personally think NATO needs to call his bluff, or at least properly threaten to call his bluff. He's getting away with murder at the moment and I can honestly see him dropping his own Nuke on Kiev to 'end' the war. Would NATO react then, or does a NATO country need to be attacked.

Yes it's a shit show either way but civilised society can't sit back and let 1000s more die for that Representative for Wellingborough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The thing is, in this modern day and age he's getting caught red handed every turn of the way.

I don’t think Putin much cares. In Syria the Russians systematically targeted and destroyed the health infrastructure and utilities, before slaughtering the civilian population - who then had no life saving infrastructure to rely on. 

Already lots of reports of hospitals being hit in Ukraine and I think he/they will follow the Syrian playbook and do this to a few major towns and cities, so the ones still to come might surrender & spare themselves - at least in the short term.

Different weapons systems, but it’s the same basic approach Ghengis Khan used. 

Edited by Awol

Â