Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Grasshopper is weakening !!!! 

I claim my £5..

Item 3 says "IF we miss out on promotion"

Ha ! GH - Bruces period of inactivity has thawed your icy heart !

Your £5 should be going to VT like all the fivers all of the Brouters should be donating as we (especially me) are all very bad boys (and girls) and have made some posters summer of inactivity unbeatable with our poisonous vibes in every single thread on VT.

I personally will be looking forward to all the 4-0 win we are going to get, if not VoOz will be kindly donating his 10er instead of moi

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

The board - is those who have occupied positions at AVFC over the demise of our club.

whoever they are/have been we have a history of the likes of

Heskey to N'Zog

Richards through Lescott

and now possibly Terry/Whelan or any other past it who's legs are like Richardsons

When outsiders look at our club and see similar mistakes from our "new" board to our "old" board, we'll still be deemed as "The last big payday" club.

This is the mentality that got us here in the first place and if it continues, will keep us here.

I could also include SB as having his last big payday, but I'm not allowed to say that am I

Steve Bruce is only 56. So you could say it, but it is more than likely he has 10 years managing at the top of the English game if he keeps winning things and getting promotions. Seeing as Sven Goran Eriksen is getting paid like an absolute lord in China at the ripe old age of 69 it is likely there is a few good paydays left in Brucey yet. Id say you are probably wrong

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

The board - is those who have occupied positions at AVFC over the demise of our club.

whoever they are/have been we have a history of the likes of

Heskey to N'Zog

Richards through Lescott

and now possibly Terry/Whelan or any other past it who's legs are like Richardsons

When outsiders look at our club and see similar mistakes from our "new" board to our "old" board, we'll still be deemed as "The last big payday" club.

This is the mentality that got us here in the first place and if it continues, will keep us here.

I could also include SB as having his last big payday, but I'm not allowed to say that am I

Seems unfair to label the current board as the same as the others when they've not made the same mistake... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Your £5 should be going to VT like all the fivers all of the Brouters should be donating as we (especially me) are all very bad boys (and girls) and have made some posters summer of inactivity unbeatable with our poisonous vibes in every single thread on VT.

I personally will be looking forward to all the 4-0 win we are going to get, if not VoOz will be kindly donating his 10er instead of moi

"Brouters" - excellent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattjpa said:

Steve Bruce is only 56. So you could say it, but it is more than likely he has 10 years managing at the top of the English game if he keeps winning things and getting promotions. Seeing as Sven Goran Eriksen is getting paid like an absolute lord in China at the ripe old age of 69 it is likely there is a few good paydays left in Brucey yet. Id say you are probably wrong

Bruce has actually said he wants to retire soon in one of his interviews closer to the beginning of his tenure here.

Obviously didn't mean immediate, but basically won't be rotting in the dugout.

Gomis is returning from loan to Swansea with a year left on his contract, it seems like transfers are being considered to take him abroad. He's 31 but scored quite a few for Marseille last year, I think he would add to our forward options. I think he struggled in the PL, but Championship could be his level.

We shouldn't be looking at strikers. Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack, Agbonlahor, Hepburn-Murphy, and Davis surely are enough?

Our defense is pretty thin, and we currently don't have a keeper...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We shouldn't be looking at strikers. Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack, Agbonlahor, Hepburn-Murphy, and Davis surely are enough?

Our defense is pretty thin, and we currently don't have a keeper...

I don't think Villa are really looking at strikers, I'm looking at a striker and speculating, I doubt we'll actually sign one. 

Fwiw though; Kodjia and Hogan are good, McCor is a lost cause I fear, Agbonlahor is a pile of garbage, the other two don't seem ready. That's why I think Gomis would add to us, but it's mainly just idle speculation to while away the time.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We did not score enough goals last season although our strikers did lack service. I would therefore not say no to bringing in a striker on loan.

Kodjia scored goals for fun last season but when he is absent where will our goals come from? Hogan has yet to show for sure that he will do the same for us as he did for Brentford (although injury impacted on his chances of showing that last season). Who knows if McCormack will be selected to play for us again and if he is whether he will be fit enough to get over his fence and if he does manage that whether he will be anywhere near the player he was for Fulham? Gabby is way past his best and is seldom up for it other than when he comes on as a late substitute against Small Heath. Davis and Hepburn-Murphy have clear potential and should get odd games this season to show they can score the goals we need in the longer term but can we guarantee they would do so on a regular basis if they were called upon to do so over a lengthy period this season?    

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

New reports saying we are after FLINT again.

Elphick, Richards OUT

Terry, Flint IN

Major improvement?

Elphick, Richards     OUT  

-                                IN

Is a major improvement

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

New reports saying we are after FLINT again.

Elphick, Richards OUT

Terry, Flint IN

Major improvement?

I hope we are after Flint... we could really do with a spark.

:trollface:

• Like 1