Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

50 minutes ago, KSV said:

No not over night.. but the last two seasons.. yes he has. He barely played last year.. didnt know he only finished 3 full games. Thats even more frightening. Baker is injury prone. I got a feeling Bruce will sign Terry and his son Alex. 

So you believe Terry is worse than Elphick and Richards?

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

He managed 14 appearances last season for Chelsea out of which I beleive he only last 90 minutes in 3 of them.........

How many did Elphick and Richards play? IMO he's worth the gamble 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

How many did Elphick and Richards play? IMO he's worth the gamble 

If you add Elphick & Richards wages together how close to £100 grand a week do you get?

As someone has pointed out if he signs a two year deal at £100,000 a week thats £10.4 million. Could we do better with that money?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If you add Elphick & Richards wages together how close to £100 grand a week do you get?

As someone has pointed out if he signs a two year deal at £100,000 a week thats £10.4 million. Could we do better with that money?

I guess you'd have to factor in fee's + wages for the other deals, i'd argue you probably couldn't. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I guess you'd have to factor in fee's + wages for the other deals, i'd argue you probably couldn't. 

I wonder how much we paid for Chester and what his wages are? surely he is better value and if we can find him could we not find another?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I believe it was 7 of the 15 appearances in which he lasted the full 90. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-terry/leistungsdaten/spieler/3160

Also, I would imagine a title chasing side might need to sub a player like JT as they try and win the premier league, bit different against the likes of Burton Albion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

He's old, and past it. Will be like Pires, only with added obnoxious arseholery added in to the bargain. This is not conducive to building a team to get us promoted. Still, it hasn't happened yet, so no point getting too worried just yet.

Agreed. If we sign him it will be a dreadful signing. Lescott-like....

3 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I believe it was 7 of the 15 appearances in which he lasted the full 90. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-terry/leistungsdaten/spieler/3160

One of those is in the PL2.  The reserve league.  So it's 14 in senior competition and he finished 8 of those, although we know he was never finishing his final game, so his 26' gets an asterisk with 'absolute narcissist' beside it.

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Look at the the list of player Steve signed while at Sunderland,

Look at Terrys stats for last season, realistically how many games do you think we will get out of him playing saturday then mid-week? It is exactly the sort of signing I expect Rednapp to make and thought Bruce would be a little more cirumspect and as yet its nothing but a rumour. I am sick of these over the hill pros coming here for one last pay day and giving precious little in return.

If he does sign, and it turns out like the last world class centre half we nicked from United.......I will be a happy man.

and yes they do have something in common.....they can both read the game like Gyles Brandreth can read a book.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I'd say about £100k a week and more importantly it's not mine or your money. If signing him impacted signing others you may have a point. It won't so who cares?? If Terry plays 75% of the games and we go up it's worth 10 times the outlay. Are you against signing him because of the cost? His ability? Him personally? I'm not sure which at the minute. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

judging by those two players you have mentioned.....debatable.

Nice to have a player with a hallmark......some say his legs have gone, he was never renowned for his pace.

quick thinking and positional sense.....is better than pace in that position.

• Like 2

I wouldn't get hung up on FFP, the doc has money and accountants who will know how to get money into the club to bypass any hurdles. 

Also if the club aren't worried about it then surely we shouldn't be? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Interesting to hear why?

John Terry has spent the best part of 2 years on the fringe of a Chelsea side that are head and shoulders, a million miles ahead of where we are/have been, in what universe is his joining us a bad thing? John Terry at the age of 45 is better than anything we have currently (bar maybe Chester), imagine the younger players turning up for pre season training and John Terry is there to welcome them? There is no loss in this if it happens in my opinion, I think most peoples viewpoint of him is he sleeps with other players ex girlfriends (is human and therefore fallible) but that doesn't detract from the fact he is a fantastic footballer. I doth think you are trolling for attention btw.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

judging by those two players you have mentioned.....debatable.

Nice to have a player with a hallmark......some say his legs have gone, he was never renowned for his pace.

quick thinking and positional sense.....is better than pace in that position.

I'm old enough to remember God signing for us and the pub banter (I'd imagine the internet would've be 10 times worse!) was "legs have gone, too old blah blah", turned out his legs had gone lol, but his quick thinking and positional sense as you put it made him an absolute legend. There are no cons in this rumour for me.

Edited by Hoof hearted
Grammar
  • Like 1

In my opinion Terry would be a great signing and have a massive impact on some of the other players. He is a natural leader and reads the game better than most defenders in the game. Imagine if we had him last season, do you think we would have chucked away all those 1 goal leads late on? He wouldn't allow it. As others have said he doesn't need to start every game for us, and if you could have a defender to come on for the last 20 mins to defend a lead then I don't believe there are many better options than terry. Hopefully we can get 25 starts and 8-10 games where he comes off the bench.

• Like 3