17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

it’s a forum, you’re allowed to post whatever you want and people are allowed to respond.

Actually, I was responding to a poster who was indicating that posters should not be criticising Tuesday's performance.

28 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Actually, I was responding to a poster who was indicating that posters should not be criticising Tuesday's performance.

he didn’t say anything of the sort, he put his opinion in the thread.

To anyone of the thought that Cardiff and Fulham won't throw away results like we did against QPR.

Just recently Cardiff conceded two goals to Birmingham and Fulham needed a stoppage time goal to knock off Preston.

Cardiff also had 8 less shots than Barnsley and gave up 61% possession in that game, at home. Could've been a different story.

Had Jack's header gone in against QPR it would've been 1-2 with over a half to play. Could've been a different story.

I know that ultimately what counts is who goes up, I am just trying to illustrate that the margins are fine and we are not out of this race yet.

On 15/03/2018 at 12:47, foreveryoung said:

I agree here. We know we have a team to beat anyone in the League after destroying Wolves. Bruce just needs to get that form out of them till the end of the season. Weather the game against Wolves took it out of them for the QPR game, I don't know, (although Wolves looked ok) but we need to be at the top of our game for the rest of the season to have any chance of promotion.

I know the scoreline was very convincing but we only actually had 4 attempts on goal and 2 were from set pieces. 

It was a great result but I don’t think the scoreline tells the whole story. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know the scoreline was very convincing but we only actually had 4 attempts on goal and 2 were from set pieces. 

It was a great result but I don’t think the scoreline tells the whole story. 

The stats don't tell the full story either - we thoroughly dominated them for most of the game.

We need to remain unbeaten for the rest of the season to challenge for second spot now, which we can do, but is unlikely. 

If we do find ourselves in the play offs then let’s not forget nobody will want to face us. They’ve seen what we did to Bristol City and Wolves and see our away form and results on the whole. We are more than capable of beating anybody in this league in either 2 legs or a one off game. Who’d bet against us with the experience and nous we have too?

All is not lost. It might not be the script we wanted, but enjoy the ride!

17 hours ago, a m ole said:

he didn’t say anything of the sort, he put his opinion in the thread.

He called posters who were justifiably criticising Tuesdays performance, as indeed did Bruce, `doom and gloom mongers'.

An opinion, of course, but that was what I was responding to, the underlying assertion that critical `opinions' should not be posted.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

And further to that at this point I would go as far as to predict our season will come down to one game at Wembley vs Cardiff or Fulham - anyone’s game...! It’ll be exciting at least...

That has been my worry for some time, in spite of our good form. A slip up in the one offs, or indeed in the play off matches, as I now think we may end up in fourth, will set us back several years in this division.

And that is where our problems have mostly been, in my opinion, losing individual matches which we should have expected to win. We really needed to attain Saturdays performance on a more consistent basis.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He called posters who were justifiably criticising Tuesdays performance, as indeed did Bruce, `doom and gloom mongers'.

An opinion, of course, but that was what I was responding to, the underlying assertion that critical `opinions' should not be posted.

it’s a mocking tone, but nowhere is there implication that certain opinions should not be posted :lol:

It is just one loss... I’ve also been feeling a bit doom and gloomy the past couple of days. Maybe it’s nothing to do with football!

If we had lost to a wolves 0-2 and beaten qpr 4-1 I wonder if people would have the same opinions? If Cardiff lose a couple then it’s all still to play for, it is a long old season and there’s still quite a bit of football left. 

I’m still fairly confident that we’ll be playing in the PL next year. 

34 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We will probably need ~20/21 points from the last 27 available to get second so it's a very tall order. Playoffs it is despite having the highest wage bill in the league. 

We've taken 31 out of the last 39 available so it's still very doable.

If Cardiff lose to either Derby or Wolves coming up, we can cut that gap to just 1 point after we play them. This is a very likely scenario. All is not lost.

24 minutes ago, a m ole said:

it’s a mocking tone, but nowhere is there implication that certain opinions should not be posted :lol:

Enjoyed our little discussion, a m, but all things must come to an end. :D

Hopefully we will have an enjoyable win tonight.  

Following a St. Patrick's Day  Grand Slam for Ireland. :)

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Enjoyed our little discussion, a m, but all things must come to an end. :D

Hopefully we will have an enjoyable win tonight.  

Following a St. Patrick's Day  Grand Slam for Ireland. :)

How dare you post that, I disagree ;)

• Haha 1

I really do think it's a big IF whether we can beat Cardiff at home. They will come with a game plan and make it difficult for us. They counter really well so will focus on stifling us and nicking a goal so we can chase the game.