17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

We will probably need ~20/21 points from the last 27 available to get second so it's a very tall order. Playoffs it is despite having the highest wage bill in the league. 

With the form others are showing it will be more like 25.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Playoffs it is despite having the highest wage bill in the league. 

Pretty standard for Villa. Reminds me of when we had about £20million on top of Spurs's wage bill and they flew to 4th and we looked tired and more or less done by March. 

Those were the days though.

We do give out too many long-term, big contracts to average players.  

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

With the form others are showing it will be more like 25.

I’d agree with this, we can only afford to drop a couple of points if we are to have any hope of the automatic spot.

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

**** off QPR.

Exactly, which you wouldn't know from looking just at the stats.

It’s nit QPRs fault we were absolutely shit midweek. Fulham showing our chokers how it’s done.

• Like 1

Fulham and Cardiff are on runs of form that are just unbelievable - over the last fifteen to twenty games they've been almost unbeatable, during the last fifteen I think they've lost one league game each. We've kept that pace - it's title winning pace - but one of the teams involved in the chase will finish fourth. It's been an incredibly fierce race.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It’s nit QPRs fault we were absolutely shit midweek. Fulham showing our chokers how it’s done.

Of course not, but it is annoying to see a shit tin-pot team like that come to VP and win and then go to QPR and roll over.

This is the first time I’ve sat and watched Fulham (now winning 2-0) properly.

They are clinical, but they aren’t anything amazing, they are wide open at the back and QPR could easily have scored a couple of goals themselves in this game. 

If this is how they always play, their winning run won’t last, and I can see them dropping points sooner rather than later in the run in.

Whether we can put a run together ourselves to take advantage is different matter.

(now 2-1 by the way)

Just now, Mantis said:

Of course not, but it is annoying to see a shit tin-pot team like that come to VP and win and then go to QPR and roll over.

2-0 game over

Makes our mid week result look even more pathetic. How the hell did we concede 3 to these lot.

Not good enough and a big time bottle job by our players. Now we lie 4th

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d be interested to see your source for this?

One of the Birmingham based journo's on the Sunday supplement (he's a villa fan) said it earlier this season. It's hovering around the £1 million a week, £52m a year. :o

Edited by villa89