17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

I totally agree.

We are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

We can beat anyone, but can be beaten by anyone too.

In my humble opinion the squad has too many samey players.....with the exception of Samba we have no one who can mix the ugly stuff....Jedinak to me looks slow and lumbering now, injuries caught up with him I suspect....most of these teams that unsettle us have one or two 6' 3/4 physically adapted players that get under our skin and disrupt us.

If a team gets in our faces , we struggle.......to have a plan B you need players who can dramatically change things, I don't think we have......what we do is change the bowler, but we don't change the bowling.

I thought JT had a poor game last night , made me wonder if he will maybe call it a day after this season . 

Jedinak is ok against certain teams - last night should have been barney tho as more legs and less ponderous.

from home games with millwall, brentford , sheff weds and qpr we have taken 2 points from 12. 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I think if we can get Fulham at Wembley in the playoffs, I fancy our chances there more so than over 2 legs.

Automatics is long gone now. 

I hope not, we'd get passed off the park imo.

I'd fancy beating Cardiff, as long as we stop them getting in behind, but the way Fulham play football, I think we'd get done over on that massive pitch. 

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

I thought JT had a poor game last night , made me wonder if he will maybe call it a day after this season . 

Jedinak is ok against certain teams - last night should have been barney tho as more legs and less ponderous.

from home games with millwall, brentford , sheff weds and qpr we have taken 2 points from 12. 

JT is getting on now to expect him to perform with games as close as this last bunch is asking alot IMO the problem is in binning off Elphick the 2 remaining CBS are the Richards and Samba  or Tunzebe perhaps ..so he has to play. Even Chester could do with a rest its a long hard season and you need to use the squad better .

Jedinak I completely agree he is not the player you want in a midfield of 2 when you need to take the game to the opposition especially if they have a midfield 3 there .He just gets overun 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I tried finding some positivity by looking at the table 9 games ago. Cardiff were a point in front of us. 

HOW DO THEY KEEP WINNING?!

Bit of luck and scrub championship teams not using their annual Barcelona performance cash in on them

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's possible we could implode and miss out on the playoffs.

Maybe we peaked against Wolves and it's all downhill from here.

maybe not....lets not take a defeatest approach.....you have heard the manager, he said it was his fault.

We were that bad it could not be form...it had to be something like fatigue, he says it was ,so we have to believe him, we don't have much other choice.

We have to leave them in peace and get back on the rails.

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Didn't fancy Automatic promotion anyway, all a bit too boring for me.

classic.....and why not say that.

undo the pressure valve.

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's possible we could implode and miss out on the playoffs.

Maybe we peaked against Wolves and it's all downhill from here.

we are only just getting started.....maybe it was part of the plan to make it interesting.:D

6 hours ago, Eastie said:

I thought that was JT's worst game for us.....but hey ho, He has been magnificent.

They ( the players) all know, they don't need telling.

We need to be mindful of not beating ourselves or the players up.....We just need to be defiant, keep our nerve and come back.

2 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I tried finding some positivity by looking at the table 9 games ago. Cardiff were a point in front of us. 

HOW DO THEY KEEP WINNING?!

Read his book?

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I hope not, we'd get passed off the park imo.

I'd fancy beating Cardiff, as long as we stop them getting in behind, but the way Fulham play football, I think we'd get done over on that massive pitch. 

Another example of simply creating demons.

Wembley pitch : 105m * 69m

Villa Park : 105m * 68m

Game at Villa Park..

Villa 2 Fulham 1

:rolleyes:

Cardiff could easily Win 7, 8 or 9 games or only Win 4. 

We could easily Win 7 or 8 or 9 games or only Win 3 or 4.

How some people have made up their minds so conclusively with 27 Points to play for baffles me...

Cardiff are not Barcelona.

They might continue their run, or they might not, but in years and years of Championship football the only sure thing is nothing is sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

its not gone....but unlikely.

We get taken out or negated too easily to be considered for Auto spot.

Do we ?

We have lost to

QPR/Fulham/Brentford/Cardiff/Reading/ Wolves/Sheffield Wednesday/Derby.

Rough tough Cardiff have lost to 

Fulham/Wolves/Preston ( twice)/ Blues/Bristol/Bolton

So each have lost to footballing sides and more physical sides in about the same amounts.

I don’t see the difference.