17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I honestly cannot see Wolves throwing it away now - they are the best team in the league by a mile - when they display their A game they are untouchable imo 

You would expect them to Win it, I agree. 

On the other hand they’ve Won only 3 of their last 10 games, so they certainly aren’t supermen.

26 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You would expect them to Win it, I agree. 

On the other hand they’ve Won only 3 of their last 10 games, so they certainly aren’t supermen.

Yes they are still 6 points clear at the top of the table.

We needed 7 wins in a row to scrape 2nd for a week.

Their incredible form has allowed them a "blip", and I don't foresee them continuing along that vein.

Stranger things have happened though.

• Like 1

I would love for neves ad then 4 other first teamers get injured just to see how wolves do. We have had this near enough all season.

If Cardiff win next game cant see them dropping any for their next two.  Barnsley and blosers at home. Cant get any easier than that

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly, if Wolves lose this weekend I can see them bottling it. Cardiff can be 3 points behind and us 7, with a chance to cut that to 4 in a week's time. The pressure is well and truly on for them.

I just can't see this happening with the greatest of respect to you. They might be spluttering at the moment but are still a well oiled machine with many talented players imo and a very switched on coach - all teams have periods when they are not firing on all cylinders- goodness we know only too well.

i expect the dingle's to finish strongly and wrap up the title sooner rather than later 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nigel said:

I was on about the kick off time. It can only add more pressure playing catch up

The Cardiff-Wolves game has been moved to the Friday night. So even if we our game hadn’t been moved, there would have been a likely chance we’d be playing catch up anyway.

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes they are still 6 points clear at the top of the table.

We needed 7 wins in a row to scrape 2nd for a week.

Their incredible form has allowed them a "blip", and I don't foresee them continuing along that vein.

Stranger things have happened though.

Incredible  form ? They’ve taken 2 points  more than us over the last 31 games .and we’ve both lost 5 of those 30 .

The  difference is we had a shit start and they took 9 points to our 1 point over the first 3 games - since then only 2 points difference.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly, if Wolves lose this weekend I can see them bottling it. Cardiff can be 3 points behind and us 7, with a chance to cut that to 4 in a week's time. The pressure is well and truly on for them.

I would suggest the real pressure is on us to achieve automatic promotion through second, against a Cardiff team that just keep going, and with Derby and Fulham right on our tail..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I don't know why, but I ventured into a Wolves forum to see how the other half lived. 

Surprisingly, they are bricking it. Most of them are loving life, as they should be, but a lot are fearing they will collapse now and make play offs. 

With that in mind, 12 Cup finals coming up. Let's go win every game. We can do that, right?! :ph34r:

recent cup history suggests that we should play every game like a semi-final

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it will be three wins out of three for cardiff next three so we cant afford any more slip ups

with wolves they have to go away to us and cardiff and also have derby. imagine they lose them three games? 

There it is. Now they're doomed.

6f00e8087b4976bce180d9f4c73e8cd7c43ad763

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it will be three wins out of three for cardiff next three so we cant afford any more slip ups

with wolves they have to go away to us and cardiff and also have derby. imagine they lose them three games? 

Throw in away games to Boro and Leeds, there’s a few tricky games for Wolves before they reach the finish line. My feeling is they’ll lose the game to Cardiff, which will probably be no good for us.

I don’t think we will catch them, but I don’t see the harm in having that as an aim. Who knows, not many would have said they’d lose to an out of sorts Forest at home.

If we win both our games against Wolves and Cardiff, I’d be amazed (and gutted) if we didn’t secure top two.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Throw in away games to Boro and Leeds, there’s a few tricky games for Wolves before they reach the finish line. My feeling is they’ll lose the game to Cardiff, which will probably be no good for us.

I don’t think we will catch them, but I don’t see the harm in having that as an aim. Who knows, not many would have said they’d lose to an out of sorts Forest at home.

If we win both our games against Wolves and Cardiff, I’d be amazed (and gutted) if we didn’t secure top two.

Draw would be fantastic for us. 

Villa win scenario if all stays the same until then points wise.

Cardiff - Wolves = draw. We close gap to 2 and 8 respectively.  (We play them both and can overtake Cardiff with a win and close gap to  5 with a win over Wolves (within 2 wins). 

Cardiff - win - Gap is still 4 with Cardiff.. and a win over Cardiff we are still 1 point away from them. Against Wolves we close gap to 7 and 4 if we beat Wolves. (still within 2 wins). 

Wolves - win - We close gap to 1 with Cardiff. A win over Cardiff we overtake by 2. Wolves still 10 ahead.. if we beat them we close to 7. (within 3 wins)

So to summarise the obvious. A draw would be a fantastic result. Win win for us. 

26 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I would agree with that. No Harm for aiming for Wolves but cant see it myself unless they suffer some injuries. Fulham are on fire at the moment esp at home so its not like they lost to Barnsley for example. 

If the gap is extended any further than 4 points in next few weeks i think we are out of it for 2nd

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Incredible  form ? They’ve taken 2 points  more than us over the last 31 games .and we’ve both lost 5 of those 30 .

The  difference is we had a shit start and they took 9 points to our 1 point over the first 3 games - since then only 2 points difference.

I don't see how that changes anything?

We can't ask for points by telling the football League we had a shit start so they need to adjust the points to reflect only the last 31 games.

Both them and Cardiff had VERY good starts, and have been overall more consistent than us.

That is why we are where we are, and they are, where they are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The Cardiff-Wolves game has been moved to the Friday night. So even if we our game hadn’t been moved, there would have been a likely chance we’d be playing catch up anyway.

If it were a one off there would be no problem.