Chris Samba

midian

On 01/12/2017 at 22:48, KSV said:

He was still quite solid despite the goal they scored. I thought Johnstone should have saved it.. i like my goalkeepers coming out for crosses.. if your sitting on your line you should be prepared to make a stop. Was almost directly at him. 

still 70% Sambas fault.. other than that he was good. As a back up he is much better than Elphick/Richards who we had to play last season. 

What about Suliman.

4 hours ago, Darth Villa said:

I would rather have Samba on one leg in the team over Elphick or Richards any day of the week. Samba is a unit and respected by the other players, even when Crocked.

100% this.

Samba has his faults but I have been really impressed with him so far.

I must admit I was very sceptical about him when he arrived but I think he has been a bargain so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2017 at 23:55, OutByEaster? said:

Where has this thing about him playing with an injury at Leeds come from - I can only find it on here.

I only heard it during the commentary of the game. Said he was carrying a groin injury and was starting due to lack of other options.

• Like 1

He was always going to get crocked. His age, size and lack of recent football is a perfect storm for injuries. It was criminal to leave him as our back up. 

It will be a matter of time till Elphick is injured also I reckon.  Pray Terry is back by then and doesn't suffer a recurrence as well. 

All I want for Christmas is a competent youngish central defender, another, Chester would be ideal really. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Â