Chris Samba

midian

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Anyone know if Samba is still with us?

The most recent information a google search throws up is from 15/May. Which includes the following quote that Bruce made in March. 

The article also suggests that Samba may be a target for candleface at sha. 

Brum mail.

Speaking about Samba in March, Bruce said: “I hope he stays until the end of the season and does pre-season with us.

“If he gets himself fit, and that’s what he’s here for, then that will suit him and it will suit me too.”

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Longest... trial...ever.

His legs went 5 years ago Bruce, no training is bringing them back.

Quite worrying that Bruce has taken so long to realise this. 

I'm with you, Samba was shot to peices years ago. 

I can kind of understand why Bruce was interested at the time he was brought in on trial, we had Chester, then 3 injury prone partners for him in Baker, Elphick and Richards. But as soon as it was obvious we weren't going to make the playoffs he should have been released. I hope we haven't been paying him to be on "trial".

59 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I have a feeling that on our first (If it turns out true then only) league cup match next season, we will see richards and Samba at the back with Gabby upfront. 

That almost makes  it worth the (free if you are a season ticket holder) entry fee alone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Junxs said:

I can kind of understand why Bruce was interested at the time he was brought in on trial, we had Chester, then 3 injury prone partners for him in Baker, Elphick and Richards. But as soon as it was obvious we weren't going to make the playoffs he should have been released. I hope we haven't been paying him to be on "trial".

Nothing to release him from. No negotiations to be had. No contract. No payment. No worries :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, av1 said:

Quite worrying that Bruce has taken so long to realise this. 

I'm with you, Samba was shot to peices years ago. 

Yep - especially with all the training you and Rodders take. Seeing him up close and personal in the flesh.

Pass your knowledge on to Bruce.

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Yep - especially with all the training you and Rodders take. Seeing him up close and personal in the flesh.

Pretty daft comment mate. He was shot to peices and his legs had gone years ago. I don't need to see him training anymore than i would need to Rio Ferdinand training before forming an opinion that it would be a ridiculous decision to sign him. 

15 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Well I make them correct as well - so maybe it is Bruce's judgement  that should be called into question and not theirs perhaps ?

22 hours ago, Junxs said:

It wasn't even a trial really was it?

We were letting him train with us, and at the same time "having a look".

I guess it was a trial, but very unofficial. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't even a trial really was it?

We were letting him train with us, and at the same time "having a look".

I guess it was a trial, but very unofficial. 

Surely a trial is a trial - not sure where your going with this one Stevo or what you are trying to say 

13 hours ago, av1 said:

Pretty daft comment mate. He was shot to peices and his legs had gone years ago. I don't need to see him training anymore than i would need to Rio Ferdinand training before forming an opinion that it would be a ridiculous decision to sign him. 

Daft is having a pop at bruce, when he has said time and again he is just training with us. It happens at every club. He hasn't been offered a contract so whats worrying about anytning? 

1 minute ago, villan_007 said:

Daft is having a pop at bruce, when he has said time and again he is just training with us. It happens at every club. He hasn't been offered a contract so whats worrying about anytning? 

Not quite. 

On 2017-5-28 at 18:07, av1 said:

Speaking about Samba in March, Bruce said: “I hope he stays until the end of the season and does pre-season with us.

“If he gets himself fit, and that’s what he’s here for, then that will suit him and it will suit me too.”

Brum mail.

There is a clear interest from Bruce, subject to fitness. Now the bloke might get fit, but his legs went years ago. Joleon Lescott is still fit, should we have kept hold of him?

Samba was finished years ago, and i stand by my comment that it's concerning that Bruce can't see it. 

Â