Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

It seems unlucky but it's not - we are playing for 0-0 and hoping for a miracle. Constantly the wrong tactics with the players that we have available. Bjarnason doesn't look up to it to me. Lansbury and Hourihane wasted if we dont bother getting them on the ball in the opponents half. Bruce is a nice bloke but his brand of football is exactly the opposite of what we need

How were his tactics wrong tonight?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

What's pissing me off if we played half as decent as this we would have beaten Ipswich or Barnsley 

We were better than this against Barnsley - the first of that game we were excellent. The last three games we've shown signs that we're a better football team. The results have stayed crap. That's the worry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What's pissing me off if we played half as decent as this we would have beaten Ipswich or Barnsley 

same old villa 

We are not decent. Another team that is good playing poor does not make us decent

Just go with 4132 as opposed to the 451 we have tried.  On paper it looks 433 but it wasn't. Hour I have is capable of playing wider and it should bring Thor into it a little. Would give Hogan much  needed support 

1 minute ago, Regista said:

Christ, just because we aren't getting battered does not mean we are playing well. The way we attack is pathetic. Our one chance from a hoisted FK on the half way line and a flick on.

Nah, away at Newcastle the aim was always to press and frustrate them. Defend well and hit them when possible.

Defensively we have done well apart from the goal. We just need to improve going forward now.