New Manager : 2017

darrenm

I think we should go into any new manager search fearless.

The whole club from top to bottom is terrified of getting it wrong.

Even if we're cursed, which were not I truly believe there is a manager out there that can provide me with more than this garbage I've been watching for 6/7 years. 

I don't care whether he's a safe pair of hands or not, can he get professional footballers stringing 3 passes together? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

As a number two yes , not as  number one - worked well with Bruce at hull .

things seem to have gone tits up since calderwood arrived and started taking training 

Or on the flip side we stuck a useless Pillock between the sticks who couldn't catch a cold. 

We won't make the play-offs regardless of whether or not we change the manager and I think we'll stay up so I wouldn't bother sacking him until we've got through the rest of the season. Two main reasons are...

1) Bruce may actually get the 18 or so new players in the squad this season to start to find some cohesion and subsequent form to warrant another crack at it next season.

2) If we're still shit at the end of the season I would think that, in the summer, the choice of manager would be better than trying to find someone to take over now. (Unless we go for Rowett).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

BTW. Brentford are 2-0 up away to Sheffield Wednesday. 

Stop messing around and give Dean Smith a call.

Just look at the table and realise Huddersfield could actually, realistically win the title. Will say again Wagner is who we should have tried our hardest to get.

In typical Villa fashion they will probably go up now.

Why are Dean Smith, Rowett and Warburton the most mentioned managers still. They'd all keep Villa up but have fans lost all sense of ambition at all that they will settle for bog standard championship managers. This is meant to be a big club with a supposedly wealthy owner who wants to go places, no more half measures for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

We won't make the play-offs regardless of whether or not we change the manager and I think we'll stay up so I wouldn't bother sacking him until we've got through the rest of the season. Two main reasons are...

1) Bruce may actually get the 18 or so new players in the squad this season to start to find some cohesion and subsequent form to warrant another crack at it next season.

2) If we're still shit at the end of the season I would think that, in the summer, the choice of manager would be better than trying to find someone to take over now. (Unless we go for Rowett).

3) Getting somebody in now might just drag them down before they've had a proper chance to put things right.

Having a new manager thread when we've got a new manager? FFS this is awful. Should someone start a New Manager thread Season 17/18?  Talk about Bruce going by all means but how long will it be before this thread is quoted in the rag that is the Mail and we are seen as a joke again!! Well done Villatalk. 

• Like 1

Jaap Stam  has done wonders at Reading should try and poach him. He is more realistic than Wagner IMO. 

Murat Yakin?! Dennis Bergkamp?! Insert random name here ?!......... someone progressive who can build something an ethos. To develop talent and to be tactically astute. We have some good technical players who are wasted under the current old school tactically clueless manager. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Why are Dean Smith, Rowett and Warburton the most mentioned managers still. They'd all keep Villa up but have fans lost all sense of ambition at all that they will settle for bog standard championship managers. This is meant to be a big club with a supposedly wealthy owner who wants to go places, no more half measures for me.

Fans ambitions change. Right now I'd take staying in this division as a reasonable ambition

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Fans ambitions change. Right now I'd take staying in this division as a reasonable ambition

It won't take a lot to stay up, just an average manager with balls. The only problem with that is that we would have to sack an average manager again next season when under performing and start again. No half measures, get the right man in now and build from there.

42 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Jaap Stam  has done wonders at Reading should try and poach him. He is more realistic than Wagner IMO. 

Murat Yakin?! Dennis Bergkamp?! Insert random name here ?!......... someone progressive who can build something an ethos. To develop talent and to be tactically astute. We have some good technical players who are wasted under the current old school tactically clueless manager. 

Mentioned Stam yesterday but no one took the bait.

4 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

Why did they just extend his contract until the summer of 2019 then?

It was a contractual obligation, a clause from the original contract that if he lasted this long, it'd get extended.