New Manager : 2017

darrenm

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mentioned Stam yesterday but no one took the bait.

Missed that... he ticks a lot of boxes, knows the league, plays attractive football and in the the summer he will only have a year left on his deal. He is now my first choice. 

• Like 1

Stam and Wagner are non runners and if they were interested now I wouldn't be interested. Both look like very good managers doing excellent jobs but if they were the type to leave their teams in the lurch while in the hunt for promotion to go to a relegation struggler for more money it wouldn't reflect well on their personalities.

In the summer sure if circumstances are right.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

49 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Jaap Stam  has done wonders at Reading should try and poach him. He is more realistic than Wagner IMO. 

Murat Yakin?! Dennis Bergkamp?! Insert random name here ?!......... someone progressive who can build something an ethos. To develop talent and to be tactically astute. We have some good technical players who are wasted under the current old school tactically clueless manager. 

Wanted Yakin for years.

On 2/17/2017 at 20:47, sheepyvillian said:

With our financial clout, I'd take Hoddle now . Imo he's one of the best British coaches out there. England played the best football I've seen in my lifetime, under him .

This idea that Hoddle is some sort of 'great' coach is one of the biggest myths of the past few years. Go back 20 years and you may have a point.

• Like 3

With our financial clout, I'd take Hoddle now . Imo he's one of the best British coaches out there. England played the best football I've seen in my lifetime, under him .

This idea that Hoddle is some sort of 'great' coach is one of the biggest myths of the past few years. Go back 20 years and you may have a point.

• Like 1

Staam and Wagner are the standard flavour of the month managers.

Do a great job at one club, get a big move and then suddenly aren't so good.

Not saying that will happen to them, they might be the real thing. But we've seen the same countless times before.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not saying that will happen to them, they might be the real thing. But we've seen the same countless times before.

That's true but in Wagner case particularly I see a man heading to great things as a manager . 

I was watching this video earlier. It really depressed me seeing how far we've fallen in the last 8-10 years. I would love MON to be back managing us, I don't care how he left, and seeing how much Lerner ended up running us in to the ground I can see why he left (even if he was part of the problem with wages). One problem he never had was getting the best out of the squad.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Well we currently have tried and tested and look how that is working out. 

Give me flavour of the month, Young & innovative who can tactically alter a game preemptively rather than a relic of yesteryear whose default position is to drop deep and try and nick something on the counter. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Well we currently have tried and tested and look how that is working out. 

Give me flavour of the month, Young & innovative who can tactically alter a game preemptively rather than a relic of yesteryear whose default position is to drop deep and try and nick something on the counter. 

Just like Lambert.

Or Sherwood.

Or Garde.

"Young and innovative" usually translates to "gamble".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just like Lambert.

Or Sherwood.

Or Garde.

"Young and innovative" usually translates to "gamble".

Well Bruce is the opposite and once again look how that has panned out? How did McCleish work out? 

Lambert & Garde worked under a difficult set of circumstances which  helped conspire against them I believe things would of turned out differently if they were afforded the same levels of finance O'Neil was. 

Sherwood had nothing to back his gob up. 

All managers are a gamble. Just depends on what route you want to take. I never wanted Bruce as he is tactically clueless and his teams never have any clear identity and he has never been renowned at developing talent. 

But each to ones own I guess. 

Yes, it's almost like it's something else that's making the fans turn on managers in double quick time.  Not whether he's young, or old.  Tried or untried.  Granted, the results being poor is a constant but then that was always going to take time.  We knew that as fans.  I just can't put my finger on what is making the fans turn so quickly.  Any fans know?

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Well Bruce is the opposite and once again look how that has panned out? How did McCleish work out? 

Lambert & Garde worked under a difficult set of circumstances which  helped conspire against them I believe things would of turned out differently if they were afforded the same levels of finance O'Neil was. 

Sherwood had nothing to back his gob up. 

All managers are a gamble. Just depends on what route you want to take. I never wanted Bruce as he is tactically clueless and his teams never have any clear identity and he has never been renowned at developing talent. 

But each to ones own I guess. 

Can a man who is tactically clueless manage to fluke 4 promotions ? 

I think he has made some bad mistakes but in his first 12 games he took a team it's one win in 19 to promotion winning form with 23 points in 12 games - this run of results since new year has been shocking and there are some reasons that can be given i.e. Losing kodija , jedinak etc but Bruce has also made big errors - the trigger point is not here yet for me .

should he lose to derby, Bristol and Rotherham then that probably would be the trigger point but I really doubt  it will happen .

Edited by Eastie