New Manager : 2017

darrenm

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Genuine question but what is the villa way? For as long as I have supported the club we've had different managers with different ideas. I couldn't say we've played a specific way.

The Villa way is to constantly frustrate the fanbase who always believe that we should be doing better if not due to the manager/owner/players/the boogie.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

I really wanted us to go for Clement or Monk in the summer. Those boats have now sailed. If we persevere with Bruce for the sake of stability then we will miss out on Warburton, noted as being a tactician and forward thinking manager. And be left with an ever decreasing pool to choose from. 

I was of the opinion of sacking Bruce now would be counter productive but I've come to the conclusion his lack of tactical awareness and odd transfers in Johnstone and failing to purchase a like for like replacement for Jedinak is the reason for our poor 2017 to date and we have more to gain than to lose if we bin him after tonight's inevitable defeat. 

Edited by thabucks
Spelling

On 2/18/2017 at 17:45, Dave J said:

Well his recent failures are not that more or less any relavant than his recent successes in my view.

Why, football has moved on from when Glenn was at the top, this has clearly been shown by his recent failures. Your view is dated 

23 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Why, football has moved on from when Glenn was at the top, this has clearly been shown by his recent failures. Your view is dated 

As a matter of interest if Bruce were to leave his post - who would your choice be to succeed him?

18 minutes ago, Dave J said:

As a matter of interest if Bruce were to leave his post - who would your choice be to succeed him?

With anyone on offer, I wouldnt say no to Howe. My personal choice would be Christophe Galtier purely because of the way he plays football, we originally wanted him when we got Garde. If Bruce goes we will probably get Pardew. 

30 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Your view is dated according to everyone in that you want Hoddle. 

Well I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree - in no way in my opinion is Hoddle dated- Good lord if he is heaven only knows what that makes Bruce.

i will say it again in my view he remains one of the most forward thinking coaches of his generation and I include the present in this. 

I guess that's what makes footy interesting ?

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree - in no way in my opinion is Hoddle dated- Good lord if he is heaven only knows what that makes Bruce.

i will say it again in my view he remains one of the most forward thinking coaches of his generation and I include the present in this. 

Yeah faith healers are the future of football. It is nearly 20 years since he was a good manager and he is a weirdo. No thanks to Hoddle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Yeah faith healers are the future of football. It is nearly 20 years since he was a good manager and he is a weirdo. No thanks to Hoddle.

Your very welcome and perfectly entitled to your view although I never became personal?? I speak of him only as a forward thinking football coach - I seem to recall him being touted as being light years ahead of his time - surely this means he's not dated right ?

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

He was forward thinking when dinosaurs roamed the earth. But thats a long time ago. Hoddle had his moment and did very little with it

Martin O'Neil, love or hate him, is the only manager of our last 10 years that I'd take back. At least he seemed able to motivate players and get them playing as a team. Maybe he'd take it on until the end of the season as that wouldn't affect his Ireland job? 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Martin O'Neil, love or hate him, is the only manager of our last 10 years that I'd take back. At least he seemed able to motivate players and get them playing as a team. Maybe he'd take it on until the end of the season as that wouldn't affect his Ireland job? 

No chance after the way he left and dumped us in it. Rowett for me. Maybe he's young and inexperienced but we have gone down the other route and most importantly he's available, but wont be for long

Sacking Bruce now would basically confirm our relegation. We've got to ride it out now and see what happens, we can't keep up this turnover of managers. If we stay up comfortably, we give him til Xmas. We stay up by skin of our teeth, we have the discussion in summer. We go down, obviously he gets sacked.

But we've made our bed now, we have to lie in it. He's been given the funds to improve the squad and it's going awfully but a change of manager now is suicide as it confirms to an already beleaguered squad that no one is in control.

As for future managers, I'm beyond caring - little seems to be making a difference to our everlasting demise. Rowett?

• Like 1