New Manager : 2017

darrenm

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Rowett is EXACTLY what we need. He's tailored made for eradicating the mercenary, don't give a f**k culture we have had for the past 5 years. I have mate who is close to a few down the blues and they say no-one steps out of line with him.

It actually frustrates the hell out of me that we are where we are and he is free and available.

The added bonus of rubbing it in the bluenose's faces too would be priceless.

Hes a classless prick. He's where he deserves to be. Nowhere. 

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes he learnt a lot from Klopp

Agreed - the worry with Wagner though is that it's surely a matter of time before he's lined up by a bigger job - wouldn't be surprised to see hIm at Everton should koeman move to Spain .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Agreed - the worry with Wagner though is that it's surely a matter of time before he's lined up by a bigger job - wouldn't be surprised to see hIm at Everton should koeman move to Spain .

We don't need anymore wholesale changes to the squad - less money for transfers needed. I wouldn't be averse to offering him a big deal and sell him the dream of the "project".

An initial sideways step to possibly go all the way up for him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

18 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I know its a old cliché but if the big boys come calling it will mean he has done a fantastic job with us.  And with the backing of Xia, anyone manager that does come in and does a fantastic job would potentially put us a postion where the likes of Everton aren't viewed as a huge step up. 

19 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

If Xia builds it, Mancini will come, right? :ph34r:

If that fails it appears Matt Damon will do all manner of crap for a big enough wad of Chinese Money.

• Like 2

Didnt they say about Hodgson that the players under him knew exactly what their role was as it was drilled onto them on the training pitch to the point that some players got bored. Now please dont take this as a suggestion we go for Hodgson but I have to ask what the f do our players do on the training pitch because it appears that we keep making the same mistakes game after game.

There must be someone who looks at out squad and thinks I could do much better with them and be able to bloody do it.

Er..... Wagner....hes turned us down once!

This is exactly the kind of manager we wont be signing by sacking Bruce.

I mean why would he leave a cushy number at Huddlesfield to come to us, with the very real chance he will be given a third of a season to get it right.

If you want Bruce gone you have to be realistic of who will come in under those circumstances!

29 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Someone just said Mike Phelan to me.. Available, has a huge level of experience at the highest level. 

Not sure myself, but certainly not an awful suggestion. 

As a number two yes , not as  number one - worked well with Bruce at hull .

things seem to have gone tits up since calderwood arrived and started taking training 

Wagner would be someone to go for in the summer if they are not promoted.

What we need now is someone to come in (not Pearson) short term and halt the free fall and keep us in the division while we search for a long term replacement.

Keeping Bruce til' the end of the season is no longer a viable option.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Wagner would be someone to go for in the summer if they are not promoted.

What we need now is someone to come in (not Pearson) short term and halt the free fall and keep us in the division while we search for a long term replacement.

Keeping Bruce til' the end of the season is no longer a viable option.

Think that's a decision that won't be made until 11 days time - he will get derby , Bristol city and Rotherham I think to turn it around .

Just now, Eastie said:

Think that's a decision that won't be made until 11 days time - he will get derby , Bristol city and Rotherham I think to turn it around .

You're probably right.

Although I can't see why winning, losing or drawing a few games really matters at this stage when it comes to Bruce's future here.

For our Championship survival it is obviously vital that we pick up points. But I think we'd have more of a chance at doing so with someone else at the helm.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

You're probably right.

Although I can't see why winning, losing or drawing a few games really matters at this stage when it comes to Bruce's future here.

For our Championship survival it is obviously vital that we pick up points. But I think we'd have more of a chance at doing so with someone else at the helm.

Confidence is shot - win a couple of those 3 games and players may start to have some belief again .

Wagner/Smith/Warburton for me

Someone who is tactically astute with a defined footballing philosophy and knows how to utilize players within a system.

Something Bruce has proven to be completely incapable of

Edited by AshVilla

5 hours ago, choffer said:

He's really not universally liked at Brentford. I'm not saying he's a bad manager but I know there are significant frustrations with what he's delivered so far. As far as those in charge of the club are concerned, they believe he is underperforming at the moment but not to such a significant level that they're considering moving him on (there are mitigating circumstances). 

I think he is at his current level. He may well be a better manager in future but I think he needs much more experience before stepping* up to a job like Villa.

*Obvious caveats about league position, stepping up, etc

Why did they just extend his contract until the summer of 2019 then?