Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:54, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I really don't get why some people genuinely have no interest in being different from the likes of West Ham, Burnley, and Scunthorpe ffs?

The typical "No they copied us" doesn't cut it.

Get with the times ffs!

I wish the club and rest would follow.

Tradition, became "Tradition" because it was IMPLEMENTED. Traditions can evolve.

Arsenal will never change their traditional  home strip and neither should we, if you want something different there's always TJMaxx

• Like 2

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Arsenal will never change their traditional  home strip and neither should we, if you want something different there's always TJMaxx

Show me all these other teams running around looking EXACTLY like Arsenal. lol. In the same league or echelon.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Arsenal/Arsenal.htm

There also ARE changes ( quite a few), either way it's a silly argument.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, tismyk said:

Exactly, no club has protected their visual identity better than Arsenal.  Even down to things like never pairing their home shirt with anything other than their white home shorts.

• Like 1

Just a thought:

Imagine a designer is told to do a kit design for some football club he* knows the square root of f!ck all about, however, he* is told that the traditional colours are claret and sky blue.

I'd guess that he*'d just load up the colour palette available in whatever software he*'s using.

To me, that home kit's claret is pretty darn identical to Pantone 19-1840 TPX Deep Claret. And although the blue is lighter than Pantone 14-4318 TCX Sky Blue, it is quite close to Pantone Light Blue Sky 2707 C.

Perhaps someone just should show the designers some traditional Villa kits, and ask them to do a modern version with a twist?

* : he/she/the AI fashion designer program/whatever. You get the idea.

6 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Exactly, no club has protected their visual identity better than Arsenal.  Even down to things like never pairing their home shirt with anything other than their white home shorts.

Apart from their last season at Highbury when they played in a redcurrant shirt.

• Like 2

My Problem ISNT the colours, it's this absolutely ridiculous fixation that the WHOLE body MUST be block Claret, and the WHOLE sleeve MUST be block blue.

Some people are not even open to design twists, modernisation of design using the traditional colours.

Aside from grossly limiting the coolness/appeal to the average neutral, it's tying a noose around designers necks.

Once again YES we wore it first, but the fact is a whole host of other clubs where pretty much the exact same thing ffs.

As I posted to the history of Arsenal kits, there were dabbles of different colours on the sleeves, shorts etc.

The kit mock ups which were done a couple pages back were brilliant.

EDIT: I also like the recently leaked official kits alot.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My Problem ISNT the colours, it's this absolutely ridiculous fixation that the WHOLE body MUST be block Claret, and the WHOLE sleeve MUST be blue.

Some people are not even open to design twists, modernisation of design using the traditional colours.

Aside from grossly limiting the coolness/appeal to the average neutral, it's tying a noose around designers necks.

Once again YES we wore it first, but the fact is a whole host of other clubs where pretty much the exact same thing ffs.

As I posted to the history of Arsenal kits, there were dabbles of different colours on the sleeves, shorts etc.

The kits which were designs done a couple pages back were brilliant.

Yes JV I agree because if you look at ours we've changed the styling on our shirts a few times (quite a lot actually) down the years and they've been decent changes. People get fixed and hung up on the fact of the shading of the claret these days....... face palm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm

• Like 1

I like the home kit.

Not really sold on the away one even thou I usually like black kits. The checkered stripe and giant badge make's it look like a training kit.

Are there any leaks on how the socks and shorts will look?

4 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Tradition is for old stubborn duffers.

God bless us all, we are the ones that helped make it possible that the Villa are still here today.

• Like 3

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 07:21, floody555 said:

Yes JV I agree because if you look at ours we've changed the styling on our shirts a few times (quite a lot actually) down the years and they've been decent changes. People get fixed and hung up on the fact of the shading of the claret these days....... face palm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm

Face palm all you like :thumb:

It's claret and blue, not purple and blue. And the last couple of seasons, the blue has been far too light and washed out. Saved me a fortune.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Face palm all you like :thumb:

It's claret and blue, not purple and blue. And the last couple of seasons, the blue has been far too light and washed out. Saved me a fortune.

Doesn't look purple to me B)

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

But its not like its bright red with dark blue sleeves is it? 

It clearly looks like a Villa kit. Arguing over colour gradients of a similar shade is just a bit silly really.

This thread would be about 90% shorter without it. 

• Like 3

It looks like a Villa kit, sure, but that pinky 'claret' is still **** ugly. That's my only gripe with it.

That being said, I don't think those shirts have officially been declared as legit, have they? 

On 2017-6-2 at 07:53, maqroll said:

Not bad. The lions aren't for me, but they aren't really offensive either. The blue is too light. They should drop the blue badge, and just put the gold lion on there with AVFC above it in blue. 7/10

I'd love that. Similar to the new Liverpool crest which I think is great.

274a300101e31dc94bcbb09dacc5ec17.jpg

• Like 1