Match Thread: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Just now, PaulC said:

We have looked dangerous by playing on the counter though.  Not perfect but I thought it was an improvement.

It's not good enough with the players we have. We should be pressurising them more, pressing higher, keeping the ball and creating chances, the players are there to do this. Shocking display. 

• Like 4

No surprise though as soon as we put a few passes together we score a great goal. It's not rocket science Villa, we don't have to lump it at every opportunity. We have the players capable of controlling this game. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Khizzy said:

Can we send Johnstone back to United and get in an experienced free agent if one is available? I'm sick of these young goalkeepers that have sod all experience.

Chris Kirkland is free

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Half time.. Bruce sack Johnstone, knock him out, do whatever you want provided it means Bunn starts in the second half.

Our tactics were negative yes, but we concede so many goals from outside the box because Johnstone can't save a thing it seems.

Defence look a nervous wreck because they can have no confidence in him .

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

No surprise though as soon as we put a few passes together we score a great goal. It's not rocket science Villa, we don't have to lump it at every opportunity. We have the players capable of controlling this game. 

But the goal came from them giving it away cheaply, giving us the space.

We can't create our own space for chances like that. 

Why? It's a **** joke. 

On Gollini, I think people  are failing to understand that he fell out with the club because he wanted an Italian coach and wasn't allowed to have one. He has effectively left the club and wanted to do so. Just read his statements after he moved to Atalanta and listen to the sound of him burning his boats. Doesn't look like keeping him was an option so there is no point in constantly wringing your hand about what a mistake it was t loan him out.

• Like 1

The defence must be thinking who is this tool in goal ......Gollini is much much better 

And while I'm ranting Steve Bruce I hate your brand of football......a front foot manager would have us playing like Brazil in this shite league .......EDDIE HOWE with this squad would be doing it 

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Half time. 1 booking for grealish when it was morten harkett who did the foul 1 booking for hogan for standing where he shouldn't. 

Refs made a few bad decisions.

Our keeper as has been since bradleys friedel, is utterly shit

Grealish was booked for kicking the ball away because he's an arrogant little prick

Kodjia is the laziest player I've ever seen. So many opportunities to press the ball to put the defenders under pressure and he just stands there.

When he should be passing it he holds onto it and loses it.

When he should be holding it up he tries a needless flick and loses it.

God knows where we'd be without his goals but **** me he is so frustrating to watch.

Very annoyed by The amount of possession we are giving them.

We just invite pressure all the **** time!

• Like 1

Hmmm. We've looked better than the other night I think. Bree has been okay and the shape has worked, the front two do look dangerous, the front two do not look at each other - the keeper looks a bag of nerves, Bjarnason has been okay at wing back but I'm not convinced as yet. Grealish has been the hardest working of the three midfielders and, booking aside, I think he's having a very decent game.

Hourihane worries the crap out of me, he's got more goals and assists than any midfielder in the championship and in three halves, I'm not sure I remember him completing a pass - when does he get started? He's too often a passenger at the moment and I think he's the key to our success - if he can't get into the game in the first fifteen minutes of the second half, then I'd have Amavi on for him and move Bjarnason into the middle.

We've got goals in us - we need to get the ball down and play it, and it looks like the manager is encouraging that - and I think we've got the quality to win this game, but we're not settled at all yet and every time Forest come forward our keeper worries me.

• Like 2

Just now, trekka said:

A man walks into a butcher’s shop and asks the butcher: “Are you a gambling man?” The butcher says “Yes”, so the man said: “I bet you £100 that you can’t reach up and touch that Beef hanging on the hooks up there.” The butcher says “I’m not betting on that.” “But I thought you were a gambling man” the man retorts. “Yes I am” says the butcher “but the steaks are too high.”

I like the fact that villa can still win and I can still win my bet not been able to say that in many villa games

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Half time. 1 booking for grealish when it was morten harkett who did the foul 1 booking for hogan for standing where he shouldn't. 

Refs made a few bad decisions.

Our keeper as has been since bradleys friedel, is utterly shit

Jack was booked for blatantly kicking the ball away in anger. Once again his attitude got him a booking not the ref 

• Like 1