The Manager thread

Xela

Just saw this:

—————

OPINION:

The difference between Guardiola and Mourinho is:

Mourinho can easily take this Man City side to the Champions League Final too.

But Guardiola can never take this Roma side to a Europa Final.

—————

It’s an interesting point.

• Like 2

He had generational talent at Barca, struggled with Bayern in Europe (three successive champions league exits), and might win it because of his ruthless coaching methods and unlimited funds eventually won out when other clubs declined. Dominating domestically with Bayern isn't hard, but he left under a cloud still. It would be hard to say how he'd succeed at a non-league winning team with huge budgets. 

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Steve Cooper talking to Palace about that job according to the rags.

That’s a weird one, unless he really wants out of Forest. Maybe it’s his agent trying to get him a new deal.

They said on MOTD this morning Roy is considering another season at Palace.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Steve Cooper talking to Palace about that job according to the rags.

Smart move. Can leave Forest on a real high. If he starts next season with one win in ten he's getting sacked so would be a good career move.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

That’s a weird one, unless he really wants out of Forest. Maybe it’s his agent trying to get him a new deal.

They said on MOTD this morning Roy is considering another season at Palace.

Think Palace interviewed him in summer 2021 when he was still at Swansea so they've rated him for a while and he'd be a good fit for that squad.

On 21/05/2023 at 09:42, Genie said:

Just saw this:

—————

OPINION:

The difference between Guardiola and Mourinho is:

Mourinho can easily take this Man City side to the Champions League Final too.

But Guardiola can never take this Roma side to a Europa Final.

—————

It’s an interesting point.

in my amateur opinion, i dont think Pep is all that.

Yes he motivates players by the nature of who he is, he clearly also is a good coach.

However, if he doesnt have world class players to play the system he demands, i honestly think he isnt all that.

I totally agree that he wouldnt win anything with a team that isnt filled with stars, he wouldnt win the Champ League with Inter like Mourinho did, i also think he wouldnt finish 7th with this Villa side.

Not saying he's a bad coach, he's clearly a good coach, but i think most of his success is related to who he is/his persona, having a world class Barcelona with Messi, and building a world class squad at City, he has never had to improve a team, or make a team more than the sum of its parts, he lives off his name and the ability to spend copious amounts of money.

On 29/05/2023 at 01:51, MaVilla said:

in my amateur opinion, i dont think Pep is all that.

Yes he motivates players by the nature of who he is, he clearly also is a good coach.

However, if he doesnt have world class players to play the system he demands, i honestly think he isnt all that.

I totally agree that he wouldnt win anything with a team that isnt filled with stars, he wouldnt win the Champ League with Inter like Mourinho did, i also think he wouldnt finish 7th with this Villa side.

Not saying he's a bad coach, he's clearly a good coach, but i think most of his success is related to who he is/his persona, having a world class Barcelona with Messi, and building a world class squad at City, he has never had to improve a team, or make a team more than the sum of its parts, he lives off his name and the ability to spend copious amounts of money.

Mourinho has anger issues, as seen yesterday. He's a manager that burns out everyone around a club in two years time and then moves on while the club is in a PR-mess.

I hope we never ever hire that tactless clown.

Guardiola never did anything to prove that he's top class, he's had the best squads with generational talents and waded in cash whereever he went. If you can't win a league when being financially doped with Barca, Bayern or Man City you're doing something wrong.

• Like 2

Pep's only ever been tested in one single environment (top club in the league, large resources, lots of talent at his disposal, expectation to win often). To me he'll never rank alongside the likes of Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho etc because he's never actually overachieved really.

Â