The Manager thread

Xela

On 21/05/2023 at 09:42, Genie said:

Just saw this:

—————

OPINION:

The difference between Guardiola and Mourinho is:

Mourinho can easily take this Man City side to the Champions League Final too.

But Guardiola can never take this Roma side to a Europa Final.

—————

It’s an interesting point.

After that performance last night I never want to see Jose near a cup final ever again. That was one of the most typical anti football Jose performance you will see and it’s what he does now and it’s god awful from a manager 10 years past his sell by date. I’ve just heard talk sport get people on saying they love Jose and it’s always interesting when he does press conferences etc and in my view 1) it’s not actually interesting or funny at all and 2) who watches football for press conferences? It’s setting up a team like that and playing that way that would be the death of football, he is essentially a Portuguese Sam Aladyce/Sean dyche

• Like 1

David Beckham has sacked Phil Neville 🤣 BBC

"Sometimes in this game we have to make the toughest decisions," said the club's co-owner David Beckham.

"Sadly we feel the time is right to make a change. I want to personally thank Phil for his hard work, his passion for our club and for his integrity as a person."

A former Manchester United and England team-mate of Neville's, Beckham added: "He and his family embraced Miami and he has devoted himself to the drive to bring success to the city and to our fans.

Astonishing the levels of self confidence both Neville's had in thinking they could be successful managers despite having so few qualities required. Phil always seemed the duller of the 2 also. Surely finished now but he might get a chance to mess up at Salford city at some stage yet though.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the age question is just strange . Wroy either works for Palace or not, wants to manage, or not. He's an adult. His age should be irrelevant, except to himself and regarding what he wants from life.

Hodgson, who turns 76 three days before Palace travel to Sheffield United for their opening fixture, remains the frontrunner. Any deal would include retaining Ray Lewington, his long-term ally, as first-team coach and his assistant Paddy McCarthy, the former Palace captain who took charge of the loss to Arsenal in March after Vieira was sacked as a result of a winless start to 2023. McCarthy is highly rated by the Palace hierarchy and seen as a potential future manager having begun his coaching career with the club’s under-18s after retiring from playing in 2016.

Last week Eberechi Eze paid tribute to Hodgson’s “insane wisdom” and credited him for his England call-up, which brought the 25-year-old a first cap as a substitute in Malta.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Had to double check that name for a moment

He'd do well to get rid of that 'tash that's for sure.

Be interesting to see who he starts on the right wing tho....

Edited by GlobalVillan

• 1 month later...
Â