The Manager thread

Xela

I was one that laughed at Hodgson and Warnock being appointed. 75 and 74 years old respectively. And between them they will have won 5 on the bounce . 

Just shows yet again that management isnt about how good you were as a footballer. . 

My bad doubting them 

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Hodgson showing Viera how to use Palace's really good attacking talent.

Well, it is significantly easier when the opposition aren't competing for European spots.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1

There was a trivia question on Talksport last night, can you name the top 12 managers with the most points after their first 15 matches in charge (PL era only).

Half of them were Chelsea managers, no Klopp or Pep, our Unai was in there from his time at Arsenal. 

Jamie O'Hara said the first place was an interesting one, I couldn't think of it but when there 4 answers left he named the club's involved. 

As soon as he said Aston Villa, it hit me straight away....

Our own John Gregory, best manager ever after 15 matches...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to be on record in a thread here on VT to explain that Roy Hodgson was and never will be a dinosaur as a manager in football. Very innovative and progressive in his years in Sweden and then he took what he learnt with him around Europe. A master to set up a defence now.

I might be biased cause in my Swedish teams stadium he has a part of the stand named after him as Roy's corner but he has done a lot of good in the game.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I just want to be on record in a thread here on VT to explain that Roy Hodgson was and never will be a dinosaur as a manager in football. Very innovative and progressive in his years in Sweden and then he took what he learnt with him around Europe. A master to set up a defence now.

I might be biased cause in my Swedish teams stadium he has a part of the stand named after him as Roy's corner but he has done a lot of good in the game.

I think Hodgson ia far better than big sam personally 

The 0-0 draw with Slovenia at euro 2016 is the worst game of football I've ever seen in my life

And I was going to Villa games every week at that point

Its harsh that his entire very successful career will be remembered for his Liverpool and England stints but they were bad teams

Mark Robins has done brilliant at Coventry. Under the radar as well. 

This is is 6th full season; 2x promotions (League 2 and League 1), an EFL Trophy, and a continuous improvement in league position every single year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Premier League Manager Of The Year nominations are out:

Unai Emery (God's team)
Pep Guardiola (Man City)
Mikel Arteta (Arsenal)
Eddie Howe (Newcastle)
Roberto de Zerbi (Brighton)
Marco Silva (Fulham)

Feels a bit harsh on Gary O'Neil IMO - I'd probably have him in there instead of Silva - but otherwise an as expected list.

Some of this depends on the final few games, but de Zerbi would get my vote closely followed by Arteta.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Premier League Manager Of The Year nominations are out:

Unai Emery (God's team)
Pep Guardiola (Man City)
Mikel Arteta (Arsenal)
Eddie Howe (Newcastle)
Roberto de Zerbi (Brighton)
Marco Silva (Fulham)

Feels a bit harsh on Gary O'Neil IMO - I'd probably have him in there instead of Silva - but otherwise an as expected list.

Some of this depends on the final few games, but de Zerbi would get my vote closely followed by Arteta.

From that list I’d probably go. 

1 - De Zebri

2 - Emery

3 - Arteta

4 - Howe

5 - Silva

20 - Pep. Cheating Representatives for Wellingborough 

Â