11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Him and Davis have potential

8 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

would love to see him and Davis

49 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Now playing Davis and Hogan could be an interesting one

The people have spoken!

• Like 2

Davis was crucial to our play on Saturday, he held the ball up and pressured the Norwich backline in ways I've never seen Hogan accomplish. A hell of a lot of our play flowed through Davis, especially in the first half.

I agree that it would be madness to change a winning team. It's great Hogan is scoring and I'm confident he will kick on but let's not forget that it was against a league one side. Hogan definitely should be on the bench next league game, Davis has more than earned his starting spot for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

The people have spoken!

I wouldn't do it Friday though. 

A front two and then you lose hourihane in such an advanced position. 

Certainly something to think about and it's an option to come off the bench if we are losing but I'd start with the same system. 

• Thanks 2

It's a selection headache, a good headache to have, but there is no way anyone can pick a team that pleases everyone. It's good to have some genuine competition for places when in the past, at PL level(!!), we had players like Kozak and Tonev  'challenging' for a start! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wouldn't do it Friday though. 

A front two and then you lose hourihane in such an advanced position. 

Certainly something to think about and it's an option to come off the bench if we are losing but I'd start with the same system. 

A very valid point, which sums up the hogan problem nicely.

In order to take control of our games, we need to address the balance of midfield...which i believe requires us to play a lone striker with strong link-up play, to bring in the likes of adomah, CH/OH, and Green.

Edited by carewjust4u
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

A very valid point, which sums up the hogan problem nicely.

In order to take control of our games, we need to address the balance of midfield...which i believe requires us to play a lone striker with strong link-up play, to bring in the likes of adomah, CH/OH, and Green.

I think the lone striker is the best system for us. It allows us to have a DM in Jedinak or Whelan and still have 2 midfield players who can push. If green and adomah/Elmo are on their game it should be difficult for us to be stopped. 

Then when that lone striker becomes Kodjia we create even more problems. 

I'm absolutely convinced that there was little scouting or thought in the signing of Hogan. We spend £10+ million on him January and then in the summer decide that a lone striker is the formation we will work on and carry into the new season. 

The problem with Hogan is that everything has to change to accommodate him and I'm not sure he's that talented to make it worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Davis was crucial to our play on Saturday, he held the ball up and pressured the Norwich backline in ways I've never seen Hogan accomplish. A hell of a lot of our play flowed through Davis, especially in the first half.

I agree that it would be madness to change a winning team. It's great Hogan is scoring and I'm confident he will kick on but let's not forget that it was against a league one side. Hogan definitely should be on the bench next league game, Davis has more than earned his starting spot for now.

Equally, lets not forget a league one side, top of the table.

i think our team will get stronger as the season progresses and the developing mix of youth and experience is looking encouraging.....many players are getting game time too, which is important to squad depth.

i see the youth, gradually pushing out the experienced ones through their progress

players wil be rotated for all the usual reasons, so we will see players develop.

looking forward to the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What was with his failure to celebrate the goals? I don't like it suggests he's not happy. 

He's only scored goals against weak opposition, our fans hardly went mental.  Don't think there is a problem. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

What was with his failure to celebrate the goals? I don't like it suggests he's not happy. 

I viewed it as him being humble to be honest.

I like him alot.

I think he is desperate to start proving himself and doing it when we are playing strong opposition and really being a part of the team.

Then you should see the celebrations. 

• Like 4

Interesting video

you don't lose all that, but his game is very reliant on the players around him.....he was settled at Brentford and he has come in to a very unsettled Villa Team.

He is a good player and we will see it.

He will be fine when our players understand him and he understands them.....it can take months.

and as the confidence grows the space opens up and you get more time on the ball....albeit seconds.

On 8/23/2017 at 12:33, lapal_fan said:

He's only scored goals against weak opposition, our fans hardly went mental.  Don't think there is a problem. 

Thats not easy to score, even on the training ground.

Edited by TRO

I really think Hogan will come good for us. If we are playing a weaker team that will try to counter us, Hogan is the striker we want. If we are playing a team that will come out and attack us, Kodjia or Davis up top. 

Â