Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

Arse. We are in a fairly big chain. 2 above us have decided to cut the chain short and have pulled out/buying a different house. So searches for them start again. A positive is that its now only a 4 house chain instead of 8. 
Waiting to hear what our buyer thinks of it. 
In for Christmas is now a pipedream. 

Edited by Seat68

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Arse. We are in a fairly big chain. 2 above us have decided to cut the chain short and have pulled out/buying a different house. So searches for them start again. A positive is that its now only a 4 house chain instead of 8. 
Waiting to hear what our buyer thinks of it. 
In for Christmas is now a pipedream. 

to be fair, i don't think xmas 2020 will be "all that" anyway.

Fingers crossed for you and a positive outcome

Put a deposit down on a new build. Stamp duty here is an eye watering 7.5% on the whole value though, plus another 1.5% on the mortgage amount. Painful. 

But it finally gets me on the property ladder!

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Put a deposit down on a new build. Stamp duty here is an eye watering 7.5% on the whole value though, plus another 1.5% on the mortgage amount. Painful. 

But it finally gets me on the property ladder!

Nice.

Which country is this?

16 hours ago, Genie said:

Nice.

Which country is this?

Cayman Islands. ‘No tax’ but this is how they kick you in the nuts. 

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Hell

Funnily enough there is actually an area called Hell here.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exchanging contracts Wednesday!!!

Exciting. Are the people you’re buying off still buying new? When are you looking to compete? Is it very likely their house will be ready?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Exciting. Are the people you’re buying off still buying new? When are you looking to compete? Is it very likely their house will be ready?

Its been a nightmare the last few days mate. Its got a bit heated on Friday as i was unavailable and they wanted to exchange friday. Then they sent my solictor  a shitty email saying i was reckless and not showing them respect as they would lose their property. 

It did piss me off and i was gomma pull out as i was that angry but my solictor talked me out of it.

They were refusing me access as i asked to go view before we exchange as need to do do measurements for furniture saying i took too long to exchange. This was told to my solictor who relayed it back to me. She basically said to the sellers solictor you have ready irrritated my client with your email i think if you deny him access as well he will walk. So they agreed for tomorrow night. With view to exchange in Wednesday morning.

Completion is 4th december and yes apparently new build property will be ready for them.

Its just got abit silly and handbags really

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its been a nightmare the last few days mate. Its got a bit heated on Friday as i was unavailable and they wanted to exchange friday. Then they sent my solictor  a shitty email saying i was reckless and not showing them respect as they would lose their property. 

It did piss me off and i was gomma pull out as i was that angry but my solictor talked me out of it.

They were refusing me access as i asked to go view before we exchange as need to do do measurements for furniture saying i took too long to exchange. This was told to my solictor who relayed it back to me. She basically said to the sellers solictor you have ready irrritated my client with your email i think if you deny him access as well he will walk. So they agreed for tomorrow night. With view to exchange in Wednesday morning.

Completion is 4th december and yes apparently new build property will be ready for them.

Its just got abit silly and handbags really

Congrats!

Remember to play nice, or they'll put a fish under the floorboards!

• Haha 2

It sounds like the new build at the top of our chain is nearly finished. We are now being held up by the one of 2 management companies for the flat that the person we are buying off is buying. If all parties can put a bit of pressure on, hopefully we can be back on track for something not too far into December 🤞

• Like 2

On 02/11/2020 at 13:16, Stevo985 said:

I did this in the end.

The woman replied and said she was going to put it back on the market but 10 grand higher than she had it on before (even though it was on for a year at the old price and she didn't sell it)

So either she's done the old "stick the stamp duty on top" trick or she's just chancing her arm with us.

Either way I've effectively said our old offer still stands and we wouldn't be able to go to her new price and I'm leaving it with her.
Hopefully the temptation of a quick sale and no (or less) estate agent fees will convince her

Further update. She's **** slow, so I don't think she's motivated to sell. She told us her supposedly lowest amount and we've offered 5k below that as it's genuinely really pushing our budget. But radio silence now. I don't think she wants to sell. And given I doubt she has anywhere to move to the chances of us getting in before the end of the stamp duty holiday is slim to none (it's probably slim to none even if there was no chain)

But... saw a different house on Thursday. I absolutely loved it. The OH wasn't as keen but I think she'll come round. I think it's more that she had her heart set on the other house. Personally I think this new one is nicer. Plus the people in it have no chain and are eager to sell, and the house needs very very little work doing so it'll end up being far cheaper.

Going back to see it a second time tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On the subject, anyone have any inkling whether the stamp duty holiday is likely to be extended?

We're working on the assumption that we won't have it as I think it's more prudent that way, but it would be very nice to have that extra 10k in the bank to do stuff with the new place!

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On the subject, anyone have any inkling whether the stamp duty holiday is likely to be extended?

We're working on the assumption that we won't have it as I think it's more prudent that way, but it would be very nice to have that extra 10k in the bank to do stuff with the new place!

I work in the mortgage market for a lender mate, and we haven’t heard anything about any extension. Although, judging by the way government have handled everything so far, they won’t make a decision until the week before it ends!

We had no idea about the payment holidays until Boris announced it at 6pm and we were supposedly meant to be offering them the next day. 

• Thanks 1

I had my house valued last week as current deal is ending and moving lender. The chap was saying they are expecting a slump in the market after the stamp duty holiday ends and they have to consider it in the pricing. It doesn’t answer the question about whether it’ll be extended but shows the industry is preparing for it.

Its also worth noting that the help to buy scheme is also due to end at the same time, I can’t see both being allowed to happen at the same time.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My broker reckons there is a possibility it will be extended until june but as villian-scott says dont expect a decision until a week before.

Hope the new house goes well i would definitely go for that out of two options

Â