Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Speak to seller of your new home and see if they will absorb half the 14k. Just be open and honest, they won't want to relist as the chances are they will have to drop their asking price. 

Thats also a way to lose your potential perfect home.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Thats also a way to lose your potential perfect home.

Not sure how, you can always pay the full amount if they say they aren't willing to help. If you don't ask you don't get.

I think the market will start warming up again soon. Lenders have already started dropping their rates ahead of the strongly rumoured BoE interest rate cuts this year. Halifax have cut nearly 1% off their rates this week which will likely trigger a bit of a bidding war for new business.

• 1 month later...

I’ve seen this advert pop up a couple of times on fb and as you might expect, the comments are very critical

IMG-4609.jpg

£650,000 and you have to look both ways just go step out of the front door. No front garden at all. They couldn’t even be bothered to level off the front of the house/road.

They really aren’t doing the new build reputation any favours.

This is the full listing for anyone interested.

Edited by Genie
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’ve seen this advert pop up a couple of times on fb and as you might expect, the comments are very critical

IMG-4609.jpg

£650,000 and you have to look both ways just go step out of the front door. No front garden at all. They couldn’t even be bothered to level off the front of the house/road.

Utterly depressing shitboxes that are 20x the national average salary. 

I assume you park down the side along with your neighbour? 

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Utterly depressing shitboxes that are 20x the national average salary. 

I assume you park down the side along with your neighbour? 

Yeah, the garage is detached and set back. Theres yours and the neighbour drive/garage next to each other.

That will be fun when your neighbour has a big car, or parks towards the centre. 

No idea why people put themselves through it living it them. If it was cheap then you could possibly understand if, but £650k and you can’t open your car door for fear of hitting the neighbours car. Or scared to step out of the front door for fear of being hit by a delivery van making up lost time.

Edited by Genie

• 4 weeks later...

I think this place is great, definitely my dream type of property. Good value as well IMO, as you are buying 2 properties. 

The sad thing is that it now appears to be in the middle of various business parks. I bet back in the day it was just rolling fields @Seat68?

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/66837784/

• Like 1

On 04/03/2024 at 11:41, Genie said:

IMG-4609.jpg

new builds are a joke.

I always remember looking at new builds when i was younger, when 95/100% mortgages were available, and it always made me laugh that you could never (at the time) get a high leverage mortgage on new build, because the lenders know the value of the new build goes down immediately after you buy it, because you are paying extra for the fact it is a "new build", so basically they are over priced, and the lenders know it.

personally i hate new builds, smaller rooms, tiny gardens, built like sardines in a can, its a personal thing i know, but i would always go for an older/better built house, even if it needs a bit of work.

• Like 4

Â