Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

On 09/10/2020 at 15:53, AlwaysAVFC said:

Going through the nervous wait for our mortgage to be offered.

The valuation came through today which has matched what we offered. Speaking to our mortgage advisor they had a few queries about some undeclared debt. One was the Mrs credit card, which we declared but not sure if it was up a bit on what we declared but the advisor said clearing it wouldn’t make much difference. Any way she paid it off last month but that’s not been updated on the credit report.

The annoying one however is I have £1200 showing on my report which is incorrect. I had a Sainsbury’s credit card for our wedding last October. In April I lost my card, when it was replaced for some reason this duplicated  accounts on my credit report so showing 2 accounts of £1200 instead of the £1200. I paid everything off, so the one is cleared but the other is still showing the amount when I lost the card. I reported it to Sainsbury’s and Experian in July but it’s still not been rectified. Hopefully my explanation has been satisfactory but its stress I could do without. Sainsbury’s have been poor at sorting what looks like an obvious mistake, which no doubt they will Covid as an excuse.

Our mortgage has been approved 🥳

One step closer to our first house.

Only have to see what the survey brings next week and hope everything else runs smoothly, hope Covid doesn't delay top of the small chains' new build being ready in December and we might be in before Christmas. Nothing to worry about really 😟

Was waiting until the mortgage and survey was done but also going to start putting a bit of pressure on them to have a plan to break the chain if it is delayed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Only have to see what the survey brings next week and hope everything else runs smoothly, hope Covid doesn't delay top of the small chains' new build being ready in December and we might be in before Christmas. Nothing to worry about really 😟

Was waiting until the mortgage and survey was done but also going to start putting a bit of pressure on them to have a plan to break the chain if it is delayed.

Are you doing a structural survey ? I would definitely recommend one the one i had done was fantastic. 

Best of luck 

Just now, Genie said:

We bought our house in October and had hopes of being in for Christmas, ended up moving first week of March.

We are hoping to exchange end of month. When we had offer accepted we thought we would have been in by november but the tenant delays thats out the window.

Thinking now if goes through wilk be january time. Bit of a shit time to move but as long as im i am happy!

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We are hoping to exchange end of month. When we had offer accepted we thought we would have been in by november but the tenant delays thats out the window.

Thinking now if goes through wilk be january time. Bit of a shit time to move but as long as im i am happy!

If you’re exchanging end of the month why are you not moving until January? Sometimes people exchange and complete on the same day although usually it’s a week apart.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you’re exchanging end of the month why are you not moving until January? Sometimes people exchange and complete on the same day although usually it’s a week apart.

Yeah i want to exchange and complete same day if possible as i can live at my current home for a bit.

Reason being i need to fix the house up to what we want. Has three bathrooms that all need a complete redo. Need to redecorate the walls put tiling in kitchen and laminate in front and living rooms.

Also the front door is shit want to get a composite 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i want to exchange and complete same day if possible as i can live at my current home for a bit.

Reason being i need to fix the house up to what we want. Has three bathrooms that all need a complete redo. Need to redecorate the walls put tiling in kitchen and laminate in front and living rooms.

So anticipating that would take around 8-10weeks to do all that

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ah, I understand now. 
Good luck with it all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So anticipating that would take around 8-10weeks to do all that

That's an awful lot of work. How much are you gonna DIY?

We did the kitchen cabinets, a load of painting, and got carpets and flooring in upstairs. Got the carpets installed with the purchase and we've done all else. Bloody timesink, and there's still a long list of bits and bobs that is not shrinking anywhere quickly enough. Yay, homeownership!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

That's an awful lot of work. How much are you gonna DIY?

We did the kitchen cabinets, a load of painting, and got carpets and flooring in upstairs. Got the carpets installed with the purchase and we've done all else. Bloody timesink, and there's still a long list of bits and bobs that is not shrinking anywhere quickly enough. Yay, homeownership!

Structurally its in great condition. No walls knocking down or anything like that. The kitcen is great but i prefer tiles to laminate to what is currently there. Two of the bathrooms are small so i dont think they will be that bad. But the main one upstairs is a good size so that will need work. 

I would rather do it all in one go as opoosed to bit by bit

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Structurally its in great condition. No walls knocking down or anything like that. The kitcen is great but i prefer tiles to laminate to what is currently there. Two of the bathrooms are small so i dont think they will be that bad. But the main one upstairs is a good size so that will need work. 

I would rather do it all in one go as opoosed to bit by bit

We had 3 weeks prior to move in to get the main things done, made a huge difference. Budget 2x time for everything that needs doing as the secrets hidden behind every facade and the last effort at re-decorating will make your life "fun". Good luck.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villakram said:

Budget 2x time for everything that needs doing as the secrets hidden behind every facade and the last effort at re-decorating will make your life "fun". Good luck.

Wise words @villakram

We have halogen lights in the kitchen ceiling.  One had a broken clip that holds it in the ceiling.  The previous owners bodged it by wrapping it in newspaper and jamming it back into the ceiling.  We discovered this when the paper caught fire and the bedroom carpet above began to smoke.   Luckily there was much damage.  Its stupid things like that which you can't predict but still have to have the budget to fix.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

show off bruce campbell GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

On 14/10/2020 at 15:54, AlwaysAVFC said:

Survey was done today, will probably get report next week but spoke to surveyor and it all sounds pretty positive and he said it was one of the better properties he's seen this week. A few things highlighted but nothing major, one more hurdle overcome!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Signed contracts, TR1 etc yesterday, My guess is that these will go to seller and buyer in due course, but one step closer. 

Are you downsizing or just fancy a change?*

* You don't have to tell me, I'm just nosey. 

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Are you downsizing or just fancy a change?*

* You don't have to tell me, I'm just nosey. 

Upsizing in all honesty. I don’t mind nosiness. Me and my wife were moving, terrace street with no parking had started to get old. Then talking to my daughter it was decided she, and grandson would come home for a few years, so going for a larger property with parking. 

• Like 2

Â