Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If only could something half decent for 300k here in london! 300k gets you a box

Ah yeah thats true qbout your buying he probably won't wait around. In a way the governments protected house prices from plummeting round now with the stamp duty freeze. But for me its only delaying it as when it ends the markets going to be dead

Current thinking appears to be between a 3 to 9% drop in Q2 next year but who knows at the moment. 

Glad we're not buying in London, instead we have all the people selling their 'box' in London and moving to where we want to buy and offering crazy money as they've had enough of cities and want rural due to lockdown. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Current thinking appears to be between a 3 to 9% drop in Q2 next year but who knows at the moment. 

Glad we're not buying in London, instead we have all the people selling their 'box' in London and moving to where we want to buy and offering crazy money as they've had enough of cities and want rural due to lockdown. 

There will probably be another spike in prices after Christmas as people scramble for houses to save a couple of grand on stamp duty. Then I think Q2/Q3 will fall back to prices around now.

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

There will probably be another spike in prices after Christmas as people scramble for houses to save a couple of grand on stamp duty. Then I think Q2/Q3 will fall back to prices around now.

Realistically with all the backlog in searches etc ppl will need to agree before Christmas to get the saving in time. 

An update on our situation, spoke to Strike and they basically bragged about setting up viewings after agreement. They openly said they do this yet most high street agents wouldn't. Way to go, purposefully set the bar lower than some of the most useless and scummy ppl going. I'll certainly never deal with them again after this. 

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

After 3 months of stress, i can confirm the golden phone call came today and the tenants have left my fiancees property so our house move is on and we can finally complete!

Im so **** happy right now 😁😁😁😁

Congrats, very happy for you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Realistically with all the backlog in searches etc ppl will need to agree before Christmas to get the saving in time. 

An update on our situation, spoke to Strike and they basically bragged about setting up viewings after agreement. They openly said they do this yet most high street agents wouldn't. Way to go, purposefully set the bar lower than some of the most useless and scummy ppl going. I'll certainly never deal with them again after this. 

Congrats, very happy for you. 

Thank you pal

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah people will struggle, especially if there is a late rush.

The Solicitors used by an online estate agent a few weeks ago were just blanking calls from the estate agent where my brother  works and taking 2 weeks for simple replies.

I chose my solicitor on the basis of they were the ones that were coping with the demand and with working from home etc the best, which is proving a good choice so far, although if the top of the chains solicitor is crap, that will cancel it out.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Yeah people will struggle, especially if there is a late rush.

The Solicitors used by an online estate agent a few weeks ago were just blanking calls from the estate agent where my brother  works and taking 2 weeks for simple replies.

I chose my solicitor on the basis of they were the ones that were coping with the demand and with working from home etc the best, which is proving a good choice so far, although if the top of the chains solicitor is crap, that will cancel it out.

This is the bit which is annoying me the most. Our chain is very good as it's just us and our buyer who are in rented. However vendors are being overly greedy with the market going nuts and not caring about things like chains if it makes them a few extra thousands. I can actually see quite a few sales breaking down as chains can't be completed in time. 

So heres a spanner in the works after getting relentless pressure form the estate agent and the buyers solicitor as they want to exchange- we ask them when they are ready.

They tell mu solcitor december 11th! Why the hell have u been putting me under so much pressure if you dont want to exchange until 7 weeks?

Sorry not having that

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

@Demitri_C. If possible try not to complete on a Friday.  It’s the busiest day and the day many people are absent from work.   This makes the banking and legal system much less able to respond if something goes wrong.  Wednesday is the best day.  You will also find that removal firms offer better deals. 

It’s cheaper AND more likely to go through smoothly. 

I’d echo this too, especially in winter. We moved on a Friday but it almost didn’t happen because it snowed on the Thursday (when the solicitors tend to request the money from the lenders) and the places had closed. We had to make preparations to stay put and pay the removal company to store our things over the weekend and come back Monday. 

We had a nervy wait which happened with literally a few minutes to spare (the wife was in tears from the stress).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

@Demitri_C. If possible try not to complete on a Friday.  It’s the busiest day and the day many people are absent from work.   This makes the banking and legal system much less able to respond if something goes wrong.  Wednesday is the best day.  You will also find that removal firms offer better deals. 

Thanks thats a handy thing to know. I am abit annoyed about this situation as they have made me stressed about them being eager to complete.  Now they want to wait 7 weeks. Im refusing on that.

Too close to xmas and its just delaying even further . I cant move in straight away as it need sworks. If they cant bring it forward i am seriously thinking of pulling out.  I put the offer in july and it wss accepted. Im not willing to wait that much longer.

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks thats a handy thing to know. I am abit annoyed about this situation as they have made me stressed about them being eager to complete.  Now they want to wait 7 weeks. Im refusing on that.

Too close to xmas and its just delaying even further . I cant move in straight away as it need sworks. If they cant bring it forward i am seriously thinking of pulling out.  I put the offer in july and it wss accepted. Im not willing to wait that much longer.

Really starting to understand why ppl say moving house is one of the most stressful things going. Good luck. 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

dont fall into the pride trap, find out whats driving the 7 weeks and look to work around it.

house sales are complex and the decisions are big ones. The reality is, 7 weeks would still be much quicker than finding something different.

If this is enough to make you walk away, it probably isnt the thing that should represent your most expensive purchase ever. Try to remove the emotion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/10/2020 at 06:42, Mandy Lifeboats said:

On that subject, my productive run hit a wall yesterday. There is Currently a target date of the 18th December by the developer for top of the chain.

Last Friday before Christmas, that’s going to work well isn’t it! 

My estate agent are pretty good with Sale progression, let’s hope they can get that brought forward or I doubt I’ll be in before Christmas. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

On that subject, my productive run hit a wall yesterday. There is Currently a target date of the 18th December by the developer for top of the chain.

Last Friday before Christmas, that’s going to work well isn’t it! 

My estate agent are pretty good with Sale progression, let’s hope they can get that brought forward or I doubt I’ll be in before Christmas. 

If the delay is due to a housing developer, they will be desperate to complete before christmas so they can take the sale in this years financials. That certainly my experience, we ended up moving on the 23rd December, they had to pay a months rent to my purchaser (who needed an extended stay in their house) and they ended up acting as our removal company when we could find another. 

15 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

dont fall into the pride trap, find out whats driving the 7 weeks and look to work around it.

house sales are complex and the decisions are big ones. The reality is, 7 weeks would still be much quicker than finding something different.

If this is enough to make you walk away, it probably isnt the thing that should represent your most expensive purchase ever. Try to remove the emotion.

Hi mate. Thanks for your advice i was abit pissed off when i wrote that as i have been put under so much pressure to complete from their estate agents and developers but couldnt because we were waiting for the tenants of my fiancees property to leave which was on sunday (we told them this so they knew) now they know we are ready to complete in couple weeks tops they want us to wait ubtil 11th dec? Not having that you have put me under contstant pressure now your going to make we wait 7 weeks?

The reason for the delay from what i understand is the developers havent finished building the property as its a new build and wont be available until that period.

I cant even exchange 11th dec anyway as its my birthday and mrs is taking me away. And there is no chance in hell i am agreeing a week before xmas. So of thats the earliest they can then it wont be until January then with all the work i need to do wont be march time at least and thats of i can get a builder. So im rhinking just get another property that doesnt need the work if your gonna make me wait that long

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

If the delay is due to a housing developer, they will be desperate to complete before christmas so they can take the sale in this years financials. That certainly my experience, we ended up moving on the 23rd December, they had to pay a months rent to my purchaser (who needed an extended stay in their house) and they ended up acting as our removal company when we could find another. 

We’re struggling to get any date off the developer, there’s been nothing official yet. The 18th was the last Info the buyers were given. 
I would expect them to rush it in as you say but as there is little communication currently I have my doubts.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So what happens if the property isnt ready then? Lets say you exchange contracts have agreed a completion date of dec 1st for example and its not ready by then. Then what happens?

The contracts won’t be exchanged until the house is complete.

• Like 1

Â