Bodymoor Heath

TRO

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s a nice piece. Although the bit about the value of Jack and McGinn against their combined cost made me laugh as, you’d always hope even without the infrastructure one player who came through the youth and one signed cheaply from Scotland their value having played regularly in the premier would increase 

You would hope that, but this Club has a miserable record of making money from its youth policy and transfers.

The strategy outlined - if followed ! - is as much a key to us becoming genuinely successful as anything.

• 8 months later...

Is a piece in the Mail (bit of a clickbait as there are no pictures) about the rebuild. No idea if it adds anything new but here it is:

A sneak peek inside Aston Villa's new £6 million gym at Bodymoor Heath

Aston Villa latest news - The diggers first arrived back in January as construction continues to build a super-new first-team facility at Bodymoor Heath

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-bodymoor-heath-training-19029705

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Stupid question, but is BMH open to visitors? 

I remember a couple of years ago, I was going to play golf at the belfry. Me and my dad were very early so went to bodymoor just to have a look. We parked up by the gate and just had a look what we could see. The old man has been inside so was telling me bits and bobs about it when a jobsworth security guard came out to tell us to leave. So, in answer to your question, I very much doubt they would allow you to visit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Not for years I don't think. I went when I was a little kid in the nineties, met the players and everything. Southgate was very polite, if only I'd known then what a little turd he'd turn out to be

Remember meeting the squad (I think it was late 90s). I can't remember 100%, but I think it was Ehiogu and possibly Joachim (could have been Vassell mind) who were very polite and kind towards me. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Many years ago back in the 70s Andy Gray had been out for a few weeks with an injury. He was due to play in a comeback game for the reserves one Saturday morning at BMH. My Dad suggested that we went along to watch, not thinking for a moment that there would be many people there. How wrong he was, there were hundreds maybe thousands of cars park along the lanes and on the main road. We had to park as far away as we used to from Villa Park on match day! 

I’m not sure how many people were there but it was in the thousands. We were all along the edge of the pitch I don’t know how many deep. Us kids all squeezed to the front. I think Andy only played for about half the game. In fact I think he stayed on a bit longer than was planned just because so many had showed up. 

There was probably more at BMH that morning than SHA got for a home game. 

• Like 1

Â