Bodymoor Heath

TRO

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The new performance centre was officially opened today by a fan who presumably had won a competition. 

I'm not sure the video quite captures the scale of the facilities at BH now are, but it's nice to see them formally opened up at least. 

How does it compare to the man city complex? There's is pretty special too.

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The new performance centre was officially opened today by a fan who presumably had won a competition. 

I'm not sure the video quite captures the scale of the facilities at BH now are, but it's nice to see them formally opened up at least. 

looks great from what little we saw

it just never gets old that he's a villa fan!

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The City one is both unusual and extraordinary because it's in the centre of the city and next to the main stadium - they have three stadiums on their campus, the national cycling centre and will soon have a 23,500 seat Arena for concerts - it's a strange set up in that there is an incredibly good training centre in there, but it's kind of Disney for sports and the training centre both benefits from that but might also be restricted by it in the future. It's an amazing and unique facility.

I think the best comparison is probably Leicester's new facility at Seagrove - they were able to start from scratch and build an entirely new facility and I think ours matches up against that quite well - the only thing they have that we don't is their own nine hole golf course. That said, we have the Belfry over the road, so up yours Leicester!

Our facilities and the performance centre in particular now also match up to facilities from the NBA and NFL and part of the benefit of having an owner who is part of more than one sporting group is that there's been some sharing of expertise on it to ensure we're where we should be.

The improvements are important, they give us a performance edge, but they also tell players about the club they're working for, they talk to players of ambitions and standards - if you get the chance to visit Bodymoor ever, do, it's really impressive on the ground, the scale is quite something when you first get there and the long drive down to the Academy stadium makes you feel like you must have got lost!

to my knowledge it's not something that's available to the public is it? always surprised me. did the stadium tour once, saw the changing rooms then spent half an hour stood by the pitch. it was all very meh...but a tour of BMH i'd pay good money to do.

i get that stadium tours are easy to schedule...just allow people in on non match days, but surely they could run tours of BMH in the summer when everyone's on holiday?

What's actually changed/been added to BMH? 

Is it that gym section that wasn't there before? What were the gym facilities like before?

Anything else that might have not been shown/mentioned in the video?

51 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

to my knowledge it's not something that's available to the public is it? always surprised me. did the stadium tour once, saw the changing rooms then spent half an hour stood by the pitch. it was all very meh...but a tour of BMH i'd pay good money to do.

i get that stadium tours are easy to schedule...just allow people in on non match days, but surely they could run tours of BMH in the summer when everyone's on holiday?

The club did buses from Villa Park to BH for ST holders when Randy made improvements, I think. It was a summer Sunday well spent. Would be nice, if they could do something similar, given the changes made since, once the restrictions make it a possibility again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nice colour coordination by Wills.

Â