Gareth Southgate

Richard

5 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

For the FA it was more of a case of there is no better alternatives, and for GS, he probably thinks one last chance with this current squad. 

I don't think there will be much movement in personnel within the squad for the next 2 years of unfortunately, more so for the likes of Tammy, Tomori, they might as well see and find out if they can represent another country. As for J Ramsey, no chance! 

Then he's a stubborn word removed who is destined to fail

But we already knew that which is why so many hate him

He can't go in to this euros cycke thinking Henderson is the answer to that midfield... He should call up Ramsey, he will call up elliot

I look forward to Henderson starting in 2024 and mount coming off the bench in 65 minute to replace Sterling in a QF loss to Germany.

It's a safe decision for Southgate. He will likely get promoted from division B (yawn) and even if he fails in quarters at Euros he will live on the 2021 final. 

Maybe William will have too big of a say and at least he won't get knighted. 

36 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Officially announced he’s staying with his backroom staff 😔

Already, didn't take him long. FA obviously had a word I woukd think, maybe a couple of mill added to his contract. Again, personally he should have waited till after Christmas,  proved he's given it some real thought. More evidence he's not that smart as to make the media believe he's really had a rest and thought about it.

When the headlines said he might leave after getting knocked out in this world cup I knew he wouldn't. 

It's his gravy train. It's become less about how well England do now and almost normalisation of failure and as long as we make it to the big tournaments thats OK.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Isnt Holland supposed to be the brains of the operation

I don't see any 'brains' in the operation, I haven't seen anything to suggest the management can change a game with substitutions or have any more than a couple of systems they can utilize from the off.

Gallagher will get the nod over any other possible midfield options as hes a Chelsea player and Holland's biased towards Chelsea players, hence Mount. 

Â