Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Wakes up, realises it's not Saturday... mutters stupid Thursday in a Homer style.

now we are getting results it feels like time has gone into Slo-Mo between games

• Like 2

Cardiff last beat us 42 years ago (3-1) in December 1974.They last won at Villa Park 62 years ago (2-0) in December 1954. They have visited Villa Park 13 times in league and cup games since that 1954 win and have not tasted victory in any of those games.

History suggests our unbeaten run under Steve Bruce may well continue and that we might collect a third home win on the bounce. Villa 2 Cardiff 1? There's lovely... :D  

4-0 Villa. 

Its great to look forward to a football match again. 

As sad as getting relegated was its better than getting pumped by the Sky 4 on a regular basis! 

(Of course I'd rather be in the prem and take the ocassional pumping!) 

Edited by chrisvilla4

4 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

4-0 Villa. 

Its great to look forward to a football match again. 

As sad as getting relegated was its better than getting pumped by the Sky 4 on a regular basis! 

(Of course I'd rather be in the prem and take the ocassional pumping!) 

I've been enjoying quite a lot of pumping recently, especially with all these regular wankfests. 

• Like 3

Looked on the Cardiff forum. Even their optimistic poster are hoping for a draw. 

Glad we've had a good 8 days rest and training after last weeks hectic week with international duty and playing on a Friday night. 

Should think the lads are dying for this game too! 

I hope the mental approach to the game isn't the same as the first half of the Blackburn game, thinking that they have won simply because they turned up.

Gollini

Hutton - Chester - Baker - Amavi

Jedinak

Grealish - Westwood

Adomah - Kodjia - Ayew

Have to go with the same team that finished Brighton. Will be disappointed if we don't manage to get all 3 points. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 23:10, alreadyexists said:

I'd go for something like:

Gollini

Hutton   Chester  Baker   Amavi

Bacuna   Jedinak    Gardner

Adomah      Kodjia     Ayew

Then bring Gresford/Grealish on if we're not breaking them down, or Tshibola on for Adomah if we're trying to sure up and are in the lead... or whatever Steve wants to do, he's better at this than me thankfully.

Has to be this. We need to be a bit more attacking than against Brighton. Would may even consider Grealish with Jedinak and Gardner. 

• Like 1

On 24/11/2016 at 09:43, Villan_of_oz said:

Has anyone else noticed how quiet VT has become now we have positive results to discuss..................

I still scroll through every day, but now there's not really much to debate, I just don't post. Waiting for the Jan transfer thread to hot up.

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surprised Hutton makes so many teams on here ahead of Bacuna.

I just think he's attrocious. 

Bacuna is getting more of a look in, in a midfield 3 with Bruce, with no de laet it's hutton or richards there surely?

Hope everyone predicting an easy win won't get arsey if we lose. Be good to score first and keep the pressure on, be good to see proper support from villa park if they score first. We *should* have too much for them, hopefully it's gonna be another brick in making villa park a fortress again.