Joey Barton

Barney_avfc

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-aston-villa-want-joey-9222596

Burnley and Aston Villa want Joey Barton transfer as end of his short-lived Rangers career looms. 

Summer-signing midfielder will be a free agent if the expected pay-off is agreed this week with Scottish giants who suspended him for two months in September

Joey Barton is on the brink of a pay-off from Rangers after being signed off with stress. Burnley , the club midfielder Barton helped win promotion to the Premier League last season, and Championship Aston Villa are waiting in the wings for the 34-year-old. Barton's Ibrox career effectively ended on Thursday when he stormed out of the Glasgow club’s training complex – with a coffee machine under his arm. He reacted furiously to being frogmarched into the first-team dressing room by a security guard and ordered to empty his locker.

Adding to his humiliation was a ban from using the senior players’ car park and canteen following the end of a two-month suspension for a row with manager Mark Warburton.

As part of a peace deal, Barton was expected to train with the kids until January, then return to English football. But he went sick on Friday morning.  Mirror Sport can reveal he took back a top-of-the-range coffee-maker he had bought for his team-mates.  A source said: “A few weeks before his bust-up, Joey bought a coffee machine and had it put into the first team dining room. It was a gesture of goodwill. 

“After all the humiliation he was put through, he decided to take it back".

"It was clear at that moment he would not be returning.”  It is understood a possible £150,000 settlement could be agreed this week".

I for one really don't want Villa to sign this fella . I don't want him associated with the club I love . I do however think that he could do a good job for us in the middle of the park , but I honestly would rather look elsewhere or even go with what we've got than have him wearing our badge . May sound like I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face to some but that's how I feel . 

(could one of the mods add a poll to this thread? Would you like Villa to sign Barton , Yes or No ? ) 

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

covered here mate

As per the guidelines, if there's a legitimate source's article about the player then he can get his own thread as speculation.  I just hope it won't be open too long :P 

• Like 2

A lot of people didn't want Bruce, look what's happening there! 

I'd have him until the end of the season. Him and Jedi would dominate the middle and would allow us to then play four attacking players! 

On on a purely football basis, this guy would be a massive step toward promotion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Tony will say NO to this one. Next rumour.

he also would have said no to bringing Gabby back. if Bruce wants him then I dont see what problem would be

would also indicate that he isnt over transfers if Xia stopped it

He might be a good player, but he is a 34 year old man child. Every club he has been to he has caused disruption, usually by punching his team mates. I will get in before all the posts saying " I hope he punches Gabby/ Westwood/ Some other random Villa player I don't like"  posts, and say I don't want him anywhere near our players. Any level of team chemistry and/or cohesion will be gone. The best thing I hope for Joey Barton is that he signs for small heath, and helps them on their way to implosion.

• Like 2

On further reflection I'd take him for the season, he's a good footballer, experienced and offers us that little extra bite, but I understand he would be extremely unpopular and that makes me feel uneasy. 

That said, Gabby is extremely unpopular and I don't really care. 

• Like 2

Always thought he was a decent player but not one I'd ever want see play for the club I love. 

Because well... you know. 

That said an on field game of fisty cuffs between Joseph and Jedinak would certainly brighten up an end of season 0-0 

Edited by villaglint

I'll be the one. Id take him. Till The end of the season. Would actually walk into our line up. even if we were after another CM I'd take him for depth. I think Westwood will be off to Wolves in January.

I'm actually not that fussed either way. If we don't sign Barton there are plenty of alternatives but if we got him in for 6 months I wouldn't be against it. 

The key is we do actually sign a central midfielder in January - if Bruce thinks Barton can do the job I'll back them all the way. 

Its the same moral issue as that Evans bloke, do we want to see Aston Villa associated with players who are deemed pretty much 'untouchable' by a lot of people?

Must admit, I would have a hard time seeing either in our particular claret and blue..............

Burnley not so much.

There's a lot of football to be played between now and January, am I right in thinking because he'd be a free agent he'd be available straight away? There's no 25 man squad registration rule in the championship whereas a move to Burnley he wouldn't be allowed to play until January when squad registration re-opens.

1 hour ago, KSV said:

I'll be the one. Id take him. Till The end of the season. Would actually walk into our line up. even if we were after another CM I'd take him for depth. I think Westwood will be off to Wolves in January.

he cant get into the Rangers team