January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Yep, loan Jenkinson or Trippier until the end of the season.  

Trippier is happy getting a few games here and there.  It's a shame really as he looked like he had a big future but settled to be cover. We should utilise the loan market a lot in Jan. 

• Like 1

Burnley and Aston Villa want Joey Barton transfer as end of his short-lived Rangers career looms

22:30, 8 NOV 2016

BY KEITH JACKSON

Summer-signing midfielder will be a free agent if the expected pay-off is agreed this week with Scottish giants who suspended him for two months in September

Barton could soon be wearing claret and blue again — but where?

Joey Barton is on the brink of a pay-off from Rangers after being signed off with stress.

Burnley , the club midfielder Barton helped win promotion to the Premier League last season, and Championship Aston Villa are waiting in the wings for the 34-year-old.

Barton's Ibrox career effectively ended on Thursday when he stormed out of the Glasgow club’s training complex – with a coffee machine under his arm.

He reacted furiously to being frogmarched into the first-team dressing room by a security guard and ordered to empty his locker.

Adding to his humiliation was a ban from using the senior players’ car park and canteen following the end of a two-month suspension for a row with manager Mark Warburton.

As part of a peace deal, Barton was expected to train with the kids until January, then return to English football. But he went sick on Friday morning.

Mirror Sport can reveal he took back a top-of-the-range coffee-maker he had bought for his team-mates.

A source said: “A few weeks before his bust-up, Joey bought a coffee machine and had it put into the first team dining room. It was a gesture of goodwill.

Daily Record

Barton's Rangers career seems over after just eight first-team appearances

“After all the humiliation he was put through, he decided to take it back.

Joey Barton's misdemeanours — 10 times the midfielder hit the headlines

"It was clear at that moment he would not be returning.”

It is understood a possible £150,000 settlement could be agreed this week.

Clicky!

I dont know how I feel about this, on one hand exactly what our midfield needs on the other a complete loose cannon. I would maybe consider a deal until end of season

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Clicky!

I dont know how I feel about this, on one hand exactly what our midfield needs on the other a complete loose cannon. I would maybe consider a deal until end of season

Id prefer Petrov as the old hand - if we need one.

• Like 1

As a person I'm really not fond of Barton, he's caused a lot of trouble over the years. I thought he might have grown up a bit by now but it seems he hasn't. 

However, if Steve Bruce can get him to behave and perform then I'd accept him until the end of the season. He would improve our midfield for sure, it's just the other crap that comes with it I'm concerned about. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, striker said:

Would rather have Lansbury from Forest or Loftus Cheek on loan than Joey **** Barton.

I would rather an inanimate carbon rod than Joey Barton.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, striker said:

Would rather have Lansbury from Forest or Loftus Cheek on loan than Joey **** Barton.

Loftus Cheek for me.

Barton is a risk....but at the end of the day I trust Steve Bruce.

Edited by TRO

Would absolutely love to see Barton in a Villa shirt, especially if it was only a short term deal (i.e. until the end of the season).

Complete and utter word removed off the pitch, but who cares really? All this bollocks about dragging our name through the dirt etc etc etc. Who cares? Sponsors and the like aren't going to look at the fact that Joey Barton plays for us as a viable reason to pull out of deals, so what's the problem? We become a little bit more disliked (is that even possible? It seems like most fans dislike us anyway)? His passion and commitment on the pitch is second to none and we have not had a player in our midfield who other teams might at least find a little bit intimidating in a long time.

Big yes from me (although I know i'll be in a minority).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why are people suggesting loftus cheek, Conte wants to make him into a striker so why would we sign him for CM??

I thought he was a strong box to box midfielder, but I will stand corrected.

• Like 1