England v Scotland England v Spain

andykeenan

17 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Not sure why Scotland are in pink, the blue wouldn't have clashed surely? 

Teams wearing their away kit when there is no colour clash has been an increasingly common thing in recent times. I guess shirt manufacturers figure that they'll sell more away shirts if the team play in it somewhat regularly.

In Scotland's case they'd probably sell more away shirts if they weren't fluorescent pink. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Teams wearing their away kit when there is no colour clash has been an increasingly common thing in recent times. I guess shirt manufacturers figure that they'll sell more away shirts if the team play in it somewhat regularly.

In Scotland's case they'd probably sell more away shirts if they weren't fluorescent pink. 

FIFA enforced it due to the Scotland sleeves & shorts being white. Could make things a little more complicated looking up to try and cross a ball with players side-on to you i guess

704715.jpg

704713.jpg

On 11/11/2016 at 21:00, kurtsimonw said:

White stripe over the shoulders and white sleeves. They think that would clash.

Isn't the point that you want opposing teams kits to clash? Would make things very complicated if they matched...

On 11/12/2016 at 16:32, Xela said:

I didn't check the result of this game until this morning. Hate that I feel like that about the national team 

same, id heard that sturridge had scored friday night, i found out it was 3-0 yesterday, still dont know who scored the other 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Next up, an international friendly. Absolutely zero point (literially) in the game. Should have been cancelled as nobody cares, fans, players, management, nobody.

Your so right the nation has given up on these over paid losers after that pathetic, bottling Iceland display

so far GS has said everything right for the FA to say "great, we found our yes-man"

They should appoint him asap before the Spain game so that its too late to go back on the decision once we've had a football lesson from Spain C team

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Next up, an international friendly. Absolutely zero point (literially) in the game. Should have been cancelled as nobody cares, fans, players, management, nobody.

As someone who would regularily get annoyed at the 'who cares?' and 'meh' posts I am not firmly in that camp.

No matter the occasion I would always get excited at seeing England play. Even during those God awful Sven friendly shambles. Not now though, not anymore.

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seemingly all playing friendlies actually achieves is reducing your international ranking and increasing the chances that you fall into the next pot. 

It can do that.  It depends on certain criteria.  Wales figured that out and have benefitted from carefully selecting when to play and when not to play.

They've done this the wrong way round...surely you play the friendly before the competitive game?

What they could've done is play all the qualifiers on the Thursday and Friday, release the players that night...and then have a full midweek round of league fixtures on the Wednesday.

Far too sensible though to ever work...

12 hours ago, Genie said:

I am sure it will still be close to a sell-out

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They've done this the wrong way round...surely you play the friendly before the competitive game?

What they could've done is play all the qualifiers on the Thursday and Friday, release the players that night...and then have a full midweek round of league fixtures on the Wednesday.

International managers want the full two weeks to work with their squads. 

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Your so right the nation has given up on these over paid losers after that pathetic, bottling Iceland display

Let's not pretend like people have been saying they aren't interested for years. 

Personally, I think it's partly national glory hunting. It's no different than people who stop watching Villa when we weren't as good. Those people will likely watch again when we are decent, just like the people who "don't care" about the national team would watch if we were deep in a tournament.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

There are some qualifiers tonight I think, England just have the round off, can't play league games because it's still the FIFA break

Â