England v Scotland England v Spain

andykeenan

On 06/11/2016 at 22:21, astonaidan said:

G.S showing why he shouldnt be given the reigns full time. Such a boring selection. Thats the thing with England, form never matters. Sturridge and the likes will always get picked

English strikers in form at the moment...

...maybe Dwight Gayle?

I remember years gone by I would have been looking forward to this match all week.

I won't even be watching it tonight.

Makes me sad how little I care about the national side these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Charlie Austin. Always liked him, good at everything.

Austin is only really a penalty box player so would struggle in international football where you need a bit more.

Going into the summer Kane, Rashford, Sturridge and Vardy were all in tremendous form...know they're all way off form or injured.

I still expect England to win comfortably though as that Scotland defence is proper car crash. 3-0 sounds about right.

On Scotland....they whinge all the time about having no good players (Souness made that point) yet I look at their squad and I see three reasonably inform players who they didn't call up.....Bardsley, Adam and Matt Philips.

All playing week in week out at premier league level currently...surely if you keep on crying about a limited pool you really need to be picking guys who are semi regulars in the premier league?!

If it was my job to choose an England manager Gareth Southgate probably wouldn't have found his was into the top 50, so I'm certainly not coveringhis arse, but how do you manage this shower of shit?

Forget about this 'local derby' crap. We are talking about a league that Scott Sinclair is ripping to peices. Its funny really.

I'm watching it.   

I used to think England were the Aston Villa of international football but now I realise it's actually Scotland who are the Aston Villa of international football.  Historic old name going back to the very beginning of the game, absolutely dominant in the late 19th century, pretty handy in the 70s, 80s and 90s but the decline in recent years has been spectacular.  

• Like 1

Â