The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

I'm looking to the next stage of our development to improve on our physical encounters and up the intensity.....I'm hoping the passing and moving becomes slicker and more deliberate.....roll on 2017

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If we get promoted and we survive I will be terrified for the second season. 

Despite the massive improvement in results, I can detect a bit of brittleness in confidence, still.

We have improved our ability to fight back.....but we have only just started on the road back from the abyss.

I think it will take another season.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Why?

I think this club is lacking a lot to be a stable premier league club.  There is only so much money can do. This club needs time, a philosophy and a foundation needs to be built here, we play as individuals not as a team. If we get promoted we will go back down. 

Middlesbrough have a wonderful chance of staying up, Karanka has built something in the four years he has been there, same with Dyche at Burnley. Time has been a contributing factor for both clubs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think this club is lacking a lot to be a stable premier league club.  There is only so much money can do. This club needs time, a philosophy and a foundation needs to be built here, we play as individuals not as a team. If we get promoted we will go back down. 

Middlesbrough have a wonderful chance of staying up, Karanka has built something in the four years he has been there, same with Dyche at Burnley. Time has been a contributing factor for both clubs. 

If we are promoted next seasons team would bear no resemblence to this one. Tony would see to that

• Like 1

Dont be scared of the PL

WHEN we get there, Just think of all that money we get to Budget

PLUS

How much is left of the 500mill DrT put in an English account to prove to PL EFL sustainability

Mark my words

Tony will be BLOWING away all but ManC Chelsea ManU Pool & probably Spuds/Arse/Everton too

The WHOLE PL should be scared of US

AVFC

• Like 2

Just now, Don_Simon said:

And thereby losing the stability that the club is trying to promote. 

Losing the shit not good enough so as to create the stability required to invest in better players at a better level of competition

more like

• Like 1

I think if we can carry on collecting points at the rate Bruce is doing, as well as strengthening in Jan, we'll be fine and get to the play offs

14 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

If we are promoted next seasons team would bear no resemblence to this one. Tony would see to that

hmm but as i said we blew money in the past and it did not help us, in fact we got relegated.

If we blow a load of money, the players again need to learn how to play with each other, understand tactics some wont have a full pre-season.

Usually when a team is promoted they would keep their core and make 5-6 additions so they can be bedded in, we do not have a core, we have Amavi, Chester, maybe Baker and Kodjia.

I just feel like we need time to clean this mess up.

But i guess a lot of fans on here are very eager.

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

hmm but as i said we blew money in the past and it did not help us, in fact we got relegated.

If we blow a load of money, the players again need to learn how to play with each other, understand tactics some wont have a full pre-season.

Usually when a team is promoted they would keep their core and make 5-6 additions so they can be bedded in, we do not have a core, we have Amavi, Chester, maybe Baker and Kodjia.

I fully understand your point but Tonys 5 year plan cannot include going down again and he will absolutely make sure that wont happen.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Dont be scared of the PL

WHEN we get there, Just think of all that money we get to Budget

PLUS

How much is left of the 500mill DrT put in an English account to prove to PL EFL sustainability

Mark my words

Tony will be BLOWING away all but ManC Chelsea ManU Pool & probably Spuds/Arse/Everton too

The WHOLE PL should be scared of US

AVFC

I would love it if you are right.

• Like 1

Lol we spent 50m this year to go up, the highest ever in this division, and we are in challenge with 10 other teams. 

Tony can do shit all when your team is not a team but bunch of individuals 

I really don't know why so many football fans get so **** deluded when new owners come. Everton fans got deluded when new big money owners came and thought theyd buy as much as other CL clubs in the summer. They did not lol  

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Lol we spent 50m this year to go up, the highest ever in this division, and we are in challenge with 10 other teams. 

Tony can do shit all when your team is not a team but bunch of individuals 

You're right of course but that's where Mr.Bruce comes in

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We're going to have to be pretty ruthless as most of our first team are not good enough for the Premier League, including most of our better players. 

• Like 1

This window is crucial to our success this season; in a month we should have a slightly better idea of where we might finish.

FWIW I don't think we'll go up this season, but in the long run that might help us in terms of establishng a new philosophy and new practices at the club as well as giving Bruce multiple windows to shape us into a balanced team.

If we spend well in midfield then I could see us clinching a playoff spot, but I don't think we'd win promotion. I'm prepared for another season in the Championship at this point. I hope the second half of the season proves me wrong.