The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

To be fair I don't mind if we stay for another season. I think this team needs it. We've got so much shit in the squad going straight to BPL would probably be hindrance. 

The teams that stay up in BPL are usually the ones that have got a good core of players. And we simply don't.

Edited by Alakagom

Just now, lexicon said:

We'd probably be in the playoff spots if he had managed us all season. Think you're just overreacting to the game just now. 

I agree we would.

I just don't think that this current squad is good enough to make up the gap caused by the previous manager.

That isn't to say I don't think he can do it with the right additions.

No over reaction whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He wouldn't be able to make up 5 points over the course of the next 24 games with this squad? 

Most likely will be 8 in coming days.  Plus we can't seem to beat any promotion rivals directly. Plus there's Fulham and Derby who have pretty good squads as well. With so much competition and only 22 games, 8 points is large. 

Edited by Alakagom

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Other sides have games in hand now so gap likely to widen.

And no, that's what I've just said.

I mean it's all hypothetical anyhow but still, I think you're underestimating the team and the manager somewhat here. 

Another clear out of players like we had in the summer will set us back to square one again. You can't buy team cohesion, it needs time and a settled side for it to work. 

If we can get two or three key players and integrate them into the side we will be able to push on in the second half of the season. 

There are very VERY few players in our squad that i would want to see playing for us if we were ever promoted to the BPL.  

What would you guys prefer?

Battling for survival in the BPL next season?

Or going on a Championship title winning run next season?

Me personally, i can deal with another season in the Championship.

We need to slowly build this squad in Jan and the Summer and go for it for next season.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Not sure why a point at home versus a decent Leeds team when we have some dodgy players is being viewed negatively. Would have loved 3 points but that was a very good point in the scheme of things and in my view a point closer to the play-offs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not sure why a point at home versus a decent Leeds team when we have some dodgy players is being viewed negatively. Would have loved 3 points but that was a very good point in the scheme of things and in my view a point closer to the play-offs.

1) We have not won any points on direct rivals in past few months, who have advantage due to our awful start

2) If our team is dodgy, January window usually never fixes a dodgy team 

3) If we want to promote, we need to make the gap by taking points from direct rivals. Which we don't.

Edited by Alakagom

Just now, lexicon said:

I mean it's all hypothetical anyhow but still, I think you're underestimating the team and the manager somewhat here. 

And I don't think I am underestimating either but for entirely different reasons.

Despite Bruce who I do rate the players or rather some of them just aren't (in my opinion) good enough to over turn 5-8 points deficit over half a season.

Just now, Alakagom said:

1) We have not won any points on direct rivals, who have advantage due to our awful start

2) If our team is dodgy, January window usually never fixes a dodgy team 

1) Look at how we started the season

2) Cheer up