The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

Brighton were extremely unlucky last season, think it was goal difference they missed out on automatic so not surprised at all how well they are currently doing. I don't think we'll be able to catch them, or anyone else for that matter.

14 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Brighton were extremely unlucky last season, think it was goal difference they missed out on automatic so not surprised at all how well they are currently doing. I don't think we'll be able to catch them, or anyone else for that matter.

Do you mean we won't get into the playoffs?? 

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

meaning noone else will catch them either

but I get the humour

• Like 1

It's easy to be disheartened and pissed off and say the opportunity is gone, but looking at the table makes you realise how achievable it is.

We will probably be 6th on the last game of the season but finish finish 7th, after playing the team in 7th 2 points below us and blowing a 2 goal lead, losing 2-3 in true Villa fashion.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We just haven't got the quality to put a run of wins together. 

Baring in mind we spent 60m and we're in this shower of shit league, that whilst true, is frightening.

Said a few weeks back that it was likely that we were just not going to put the run of form together to get us in to a position where we can afford inevitable losses. 

Too many teams in between us.. All of which aren't going to **** up every week. And we certainly aren't going to win every week. 

The play-off's now represent our only realistic hope of getting promotion given the gap between the top 2 and us now. With some decent additions next month I still think we can finish in the top six and possibly 3rd or 4th. But if we do we would then face an away leg on SKY in the play-off games so we really need to stop losing televised away games. QPR would be a good time to start winning such games as would the play-off final be a good time to return to winning games at Wembley.     

There will have to be a big improvement on that to have any chance of the play offs and even then if we did go up.....we are not ready or anywhere close on the evidence of that.

This will be a long hard job.

We need to bring Sanchez and Gil back. They may not have been good last season (but who was?). Under Bruce and in the championship.. they would excel. We still need to sign another midfielder as well. They are our players.. we make them play for us. I cant see Sanchez or Gil causing a fuss over it. 

Our midfield is as weak as its ever been since ive started supporting Villa 20 years ago. 

• Like 2

I'm frustrated every time I try, and can't find a stream to our games because they are not televised.

I'm even more frustrated when we actually are televised and I watch us play, especially away from home.

Hate being in the Championship, but I fear we're stuck here. Will take a remarkable turnaround for us to get out.

We still might make the play offs if we get the January transfers dead right, but we need all the players coming (at least 2 CM, a RB and a loan striker) in to be perfect fits.

There's about as much chance of Gabby driving past a MacDonald's drive thru as there is us reaching the playoffs this year.

To get anywhere in this league you have to string wins together and its just something we aren't capable of doing with such an inept squad of players.

And even if we did manage to get into and win the playoffs, imagine this team back in the Premiership... even with a few signings it would be a massive struggle once again. 

9 hours ago, KSV said:

We need to bring Sanchez and Gil back. They may not have been good last season (but who was?). Under Bruce and in the championship.. they would excel. We still need to sign another midfielder as well. They are our players.. we make them play for us. I cant see Sanchez or Gil causing a fuss over it. 

Our midfield is as weak as its ever been since ive started supporting Villa 20 years ago. 

If they wanted to be here..