January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

I think we are gonna have too many similar strikers and could do with getting a target man in. I've never seen Hogan play but he seems to score a lot of goals on the counter attack. I'd like us to sign a big strong striker that can hold the ball up and score some headers.

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Is he talking about RMC?

Collymore - who I won't give the oxygen to by posting his tweet. On one of our best days in a long time Stan decides to revert to the Katie Hopkins textbook to make himself relevant. Complete div.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I think he's having a pop at Stan Collymore due his comments.

great shout. its funny cos i literally just unfollowed stan on twitter a few minutes ago because he started getting all high and mighty about the money Tony was spending. it came across as ill informed and inflammatory. 

Big shock, Stan's in an argumentative mood, I swear he'd argue black is white some days.

When there's a potential job going, he's one of the first one to make noise about the club being run so poorly over the past 5 years and that he knows what to do to fix it.  Yet now he's complaining about the 'vulgarity' of our spending (albeit as part of a wider pop at the financial predicament football finds itself in).

What would you do Stan?  Let the club rot for another 5 years whilst we save up milk bottle tops?

Someone ask him what our net spend is this window... someone ask him what our net spend is over the last 5 years compared to Newcastle or some of the lower PL clubs.  In fact don't because he won't listen.

Stan is just saying paying £15m for Hogan is ridiculous and he's concerned about how much we've spent.

In all honesty, I am a little concerned too. But I trust that the Doc and pals know what they are doing so let them get on with it I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Whys Collymore having a pop at the DR?!

He's slagging off our Tony for tweeting info to us fans, something we all love. And also had a pop for referring to Villa as "his" club. Well technically it is, but actions speak louder than words and Dr T has done more to involve us all in our club than any owner in my lifetime. 

Collymore is a desperate attention seeker with nothing sensible to say. He sat a couple of seats behind me in the upper Holte, earlier this season, can't remember which game but it was under RDM AMD surprise surprise we drew. When we scored I glanced back at Collymore and saw the most fake, "look at me" celebration I've ever seen. It was pathetic and looked like he was an extra in some crap TV drama, directed by some lovey who would rather be at the opera, but thinks footie is jolly splendid for the poor people to watch. 

Knob!