January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, KSV said:

Jordan Lyden is fit again. I'm sure he can do a better job than the midfield imposters we've had this season 

I'm not sure of anything about Lyden and I wouldn't be confident throwing him into the side instead of using someone like Tshibola for example. 

• Like 1

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

Lansbury, Jedinak, Hourihane, Lyden, Westwood, Gardner, Bacuna, Grealish, Bjarnason (Tshibola, Sanchez, Veretout, Gil)

I'd rather we sold a few in the CM dept to be honest BOF

My post was made on the basis that Westwood and Gardner are gone.  Barney is not a centre mid AFAIK.  Tshibola, Sanchez, Veretout & Gil are not in our squad this season.

So we're left with Lansbury, Hourihane & Jedinak as first choice with Bacuna and an untested Lyden as subs.  I wouldn't regard Grealish as a centre mid.  We are light on the ground there this season IF we get rid of both Westy and Gards in addition to what has already gone out.

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Just wanted to say.....

4-3-3:

Johnstone

Bree - Chester - Baker - Taylor

Lansbury - Hourihane - Bjarnason

Adomah - Hogan - Kodija

4-4-2

Johnstone

Adomah - Lansbury - Hourihane - Amavi

Hogan - Kodija

4-2-3-1

Johnstone

Lansbury - Hourihane

Adomah - Grealish - Kodija

Hogan

4-1-3-2

Johnstone

Jedinak

Adomah - Lansbury- Hourihane

Kodija - Hogan

etc etc etc

Can't remember the last time we had the squad available to give us so many options.....Brucey now has the tools to switch formation/tactics/personnel mid game.....!

If we are allowed to be greedy, and once more return to the well.......if Baker or Chester happen to get injured and be out for any length of time....bang goes our chances of the play offs in my view.

I would really love to see an experienced CB come in...even just on loan till the summer.

would love to see that 442

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

All we are missing this year is uncle Harry leaning out his window while Kevin bond taps the steering wheel Harry-Redknapp-in-action-008.jpg

I thought it was the 2 guys from 101 Dalmations......looking for Cruella:)

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I disagree - it's entirely in our interest whether or not we're overpaying for players for a couple of reasons:

a]  How financially prudent is the club?  We've seen, under Lerner, big spending all of a sudden backfire and the club waste huge amounts on fees.  What if we're massively overspending under Xia to get back to the Premier League, it fails and we get stuck with FFP regulations, fees and transfer embargos with a club unable to pay wages?  Obviously worst case scenario, but I'm quite comfortable saying "that seems too much for a player I know nothing about" rather than "£50m for Scott Hogan? Well, I guess I'll leave worrying about any finances to the owners!".  Obviously, we can't influence spending but I think it's right to be concerned.

b]  What if we need to improve the squad again down the line/in the summer?  If Scott Hogan goes through for a reported £15m, we'll have spent £50m on strikers this season.  That, in itself, is a staggering amount - but how much have we spent reinforcing our defence?  If we're still struggling to score goals for the rest of the season, how much is left to spend in the summer?  Again, I think it's right to be concerned about overspending leaving us short.

c]  It actually adds pressure to the player - and, in my opinion, that's what has happened to Ross McCormack (in part).  Arrived with loads of goals, a huge transfer fee and needs to prove himself worthy of that.  Struggles, fails to adapt and score goals, now it looks like he might be shipped out at a large loss.  There's much more scrutiny and expectation on a player that costs £15m compared to, say, £3m.  Much more pressure on, say, Hogan to deliver than Hourihane.

d]  As a general rule, people are delighted with perceived bargains - especially us Brits.

Great post. Whilst it's true that it is not our money, it's nevertheless stupid to not have any 'feelings' towards fees paid and to not look a little bit critically at what we are paying out for players. 

Solid Window if all is true:

Outs:
Gestede - £6 million
Cissokho - Loan (view to buy)
Tsibola - Loan (experience)
Ayew - £5 million (+Taylor)
Westwood - £5million
McCormack - Loan (hopefully view to buy) or £8 million. 
Potentially £25 million

Ins:
Lansbury - £3million
Bree - £3 million
Houlihan - £3 million
Bjarnason - £2 million
Taylor - Free (Ayew other way)
Bedeau - £1 million
Hogan - £15 million
Potentially £27 million. 

Pretty decent business getting rid of wasters and bringing in some solid professional players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GNeeUs said:

Outs:
Gestede - £6 million
Westwood - £5million
Potentially £25 million

Ins:
Lansbury - £3million
Bree - £3 million
Houlihan - £3 million
Bjarnason - £2 million
Bedeau - £1 million
Hogan - £15 million
Potentially £27 million. 

Pretty decent business getting rid of wasters and bringing in some solid professional players.

Brilliant window

Stage 2 of our squad overhaul complete, gives us the Summer to get rid of the last of the losers, wasters, deadwood

6 minutes ago, GNeeUs said:

Outs:
Gestede - £6 million
Westwood - £5million
Potentially £25 million

Ins:
Lansbury - £3million
Bree - £3 million
Houlihan - £3 million
Bjarnason - £2 million
Bedeau - £1 million
Hogan - £15 million
Potentially £27 million. 

i think its a buyers marker with regards to McCormack unfortunately and I would be surprised to see anything other than a loan for him at this point in time. But you never know - the way Moyes is spunking Sunderlands money away, stranger things have happened

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah ... just a point on that.  We still need central midfield substitutes.  I'm delighted they're out of the starting line-up but in the absence of better subs (and Tshibola gone too), we kinda need them to hang around.  Gardner certainly, given that he has no market value.  I understand stealing £5m from Burnley for Ash.

He's not the best - but no market value is a tad harsh!