January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Surely out of all the players at Villa Jack is the one you give every chance possible to too make it to the level we hope he'll get to?

I hope so but I just can't help feeling he's gotten too big-headed and thinks that he's made it way before he's realised anywhere near his true potential.

I hope I'm wrong though because it would be nice for us to develop an England star, which is what he would become if he did reach full potential. 

13 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Rumours on Twitter of the young defender from Bury having a medical at BMH

Usually Avfctransfers would have known if villa had booked a medical at little Aston hospital . 

May happen but he hasn't tweeted on this .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, av1 said:

I'm not going to get into the Dr's tweets, but they have been interpreted by some to suggest that a swap deal would see us receiving a player plus cash. 

Yes some people have read his tweets,  put 2 an 2 together and made 5 ;-) 

• Like 1

Just see the Dr liked a tweet with someone saying 'I hope Jack is staying' so think we can put it to bed. 

Still think we will get Rhodes on loan with option to buy.m once Boro get Jese over the line (great signing for them that). 

Steve Bruce has launched a bid for Swansea's Neil Taylor and Modou Barrow as he moves to further strengthen his Aston Villa squad.

Bruce is targeting a raid on the struggling Premier League club for Taylor, the left-back, and winger Barrow, with Ghana international Jordan Ayew emerging as a possible makeweight in the deal.

Villa have spent around £10million in the January transfer window but Bruce wants to make at least two more signings before Tuesday's deadline.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/27/aston-villa-launch-bid-swansea-duoneil-taylor-modou-barrow/

42 minutes ago, John said:

So do I but would he be happy to be a back-up or at best in competition for a starting place with Amavi? :detect:

He wouldn't at the moment. He'd start over Amavi as he's playing right now, unquestionably. 

Competition is good for the team. Amavi is still coming back from a horrific injury and I'm a believer in having at least 2 players with the ability to play first team football in every position. 

That and I like Taylor. I don't think he's got Amavi's longer term potential, but he's Premier League quality here and now.