January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Hopefully she can solve the mystery of our disappearing midfield. 

She thought she found a dead body at Bodymoor, but it turned out to be Gestede having a standing nap.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Hopefully she can solve the mystery of our disappearing midfield. 

more chance of finding the staff on the Marie Celeste....even now.

Aston Villa are preparing a £3m bid for Nottingham Forest captain Henri Lansbury, according to Sky sources.

Lansbury has entered the final six months of his current deal at the City Ground and is free to speak to other clubs during the January transfer window with a view to signing a pre-contract agreement.

Villa boss Steve Bruce has agreed to sell forward Rudy Gestede to Middlesbrough for £6m and is likely to be given the funds to reinvest in his side.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10716960/aston-villa-preparing-bid-for-nottingham-forests-henri-lansbury-sky-sources

A midfielder? Yes please.

At £3m I'm now warming up again to Lansbury. He's a midfielder, an actual real living and breathing one. It seems he's inconsistent with his quality, but he might actually score goals, play passes and win us games. The concept of that blows my mind, and the idea that we can have that for a measly three million quid makes my tinkle twitch. 

If it was just him and nobody else I'd be disappointed. However, Rome wasn't built with one brick, but the first one had to be layed. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

At £3m I'm now warming up again to Lansbury. He's a midfielder, an actual real living and breathing one. It seems he's inconsistent with his quality, but he might actually score goals, play passes and win us games. The concept of that blows my mind, and the idea that we can have that for a measly three million quid makes my tinkle twitch. 

If it was just him and nobody else I'd be disappointed. However, Rome wasn't built with one brick, but the first one had to be layed. 

Think you're Bipolar Dave ;-)

Hope you're ankle is on the mend. Give me a buzz if you're going to Spuds on Sunday.