January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hold on, hold on, hold on, there's two questions we need answering before you make any more contributions to the thread:

1) Are you a Zat Knight fan?

and, more importantly:

2) Are you a great guy?

Kthxbai

oh sorry. I am a great Zat Knight fan

• Like 3

We are a very poor outfit, unfortunately Kodjia isn't going to do this every week.

We need quality in the door first week of January. Dicking around for a month and waiting on deadline day and we will either get cut adrift further or fail to make any progress at all. We cannot leave it all to do in the final few months.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We are a very poor outfit, unfortunately Kodjia isn't going to do this every week.

We need quality in the door first week of January. Dicking around for a month and waiting on deadline day and we will either get cut adrift further or fail to make any progress at all. We cannot leave it all to do in the final few months.

Seeing as Bruce looks like he's got 2 done already I think by the time the AFCON starts we'll have 3/4 in. 

6 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Which two are these?

I don't think that the identities are public knowledge yet (unless I've missed it) but Bruce confirmed in a pre match interview last week that one signing was as good as done, and another was virtually there. 

Gollini

Jenkinson   Chester   Baker   Amavi

Hourihane    Jedinak   Bacuna

Adomah           Kodjia           Grealish

Looks an instant improvement, add another quality CM to replace Bacuna and we'll be fine. 

Just read Snodgrass is out of contract end of season.

Paper seems to think 4m would be enough to get him.

Would certainly take him. Good cross and set pieces and think he'd compliment Adomah's pace on the other side so we might actually start to have a competent midfield.

Wouldn't just be a signing for the championship, he can still influence games at prem level.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

this Sam Johnstone looks like its done. not sure if anybody knows about him

Quality keeper, from what I've seen at England youth level, which is quite a bit, although it was years ago, looks like he's improved with age, he's 23 years old, I've said that without doing research, born 1993, should know the exact date *slap on wrist*

45 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just read Snodgrass is out of contract end of season.

Paper seems to think 4m would be enough to get him.

Would certainly take him. Good cross and set pieces and think he'd compliment Adomah's pace on the other side so we might actually start to have a competent midfield.

Wouldn't just be a signing for the championship, he can still influence games at prem level.

Would be a great signing. Bruce purchased him for Hull.