Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Hope you get what you want tonight, a thumping big win for Middlesbrough

Briny, if you cherry pick quotes, highlight soundbites, and ignore the passionate reasoning behind individual posters numerous posts on the subject, you distort the discussion.

Do you see what I've done with your post? You now sound like you're hoping for a Villa loss. That was never your intention so I apologise for distorting your view.  Claims and assumptions about hoping that the players "throw the match" were also a distortion of what posters actually said.

I respect your right to hold your own opinions, although I don't agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People are adding scenarios to further their opinion when all it comes down to is a 90 minute game of football where you would expect Villa fans to want us to win.

Whilst it is looking likely that Bruce won't get us up until its mathematically impossible we don't know that for certain so at every given opportunity I want to see Villa win.

Either way it doesn't matter though. Bruce isn't up to the task and will be gone soon so this constant back and forth will soon be over.

I think he should play 4-2-3-1 tonight.

wait for it screams and shouts

Johnstone

Delaet

Chester

Terry

Taylor

Whelan

Jedinak

Snodgrass

O'Hare/Doyle Hayes/Hourihane

Adomah

Kodjia

With Terry and Chester pushing on and Whelan and Jedinak  supporting/probing/ball winning for the 3......depending how the game pans out it gives us the option to morph in to other formations.....but we must stay in this game early doors.....We start tight and grow in to it. build to a win, not cavalier and get undone.

On present form, we could be in trouble tonight.....but we must reverse the attitude and stay resilient, then go for the jugular.

We need a massive reversal of attitude to Saturday.....The under 23's should be all the motivation we need.

ps assuming one of Snodgrass and Adomah can play on the left.

Edited by TRO

This team is now full of Bruce players, we still stand a good chance of getting up if he stays i think. It is also full of quality, more than enough to turn this around and go on a run to crush this league. Nothing is lost yet. I think people just need to change their pissy pants and get on with supporting the team.

This game is however a watershed with the fans for him. Lose and the damage could be irreparable. I think the board will hold their nerve till the end of the month regardless

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he should play 4-2-3-1 tonight.

wait for it screams and shouts

Johnstone

Delaet

Chester

Terry

Taylor

Whelan

Jedinak

Snodgrass

O'Hare/Doyle Hayes/Hourihane

Adomah

Kodjia

With Terry and Chester pushing on and Whelan and Jedinak  supporting/probing/ball winning for the 3......depending how the game pans out it gives us the option to morph in to other formations.....but we must stay in this game early doors.....We start tight and grow in to it. build to a win, not cavalier and get undone.

On present form, we could be in trouble tonight.....but we must reverse the attitude and stay resilient, then go for the jugular.

We need a massive reversal of attitude to Saturday.....The under 23's should be all the motivation we need.

ps assuming one of Snodgrass and Adomah can play on the left.

Would be madness to start kodjia having used him for his first 45 mins last night - bench at best for him I feel .

Same goes for O'Hare and Hayes, and de laet who all played last night . 

Swap de laet for bree and stick with hourihane and I agree with the rest - however I would not be surprised to see both hutton and gabby start having heard Bruce post match comments about maybe going with experience. 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, mattjpa said:

Also need to remember that a Boro win could give them the confidence to knock us out of the cup next week

Would probably be 2 vastly different line ups in the cup game which means far less to both clubs than tonight's game. 

I'm going to be hoping for a villa win tonight. Wanting a win is a habit I just can't help. Even when I really can't stand the club I still lose most of my rational thought at the whistle and become a rabid and at times unrecognisable to my family fan of the team.  This does not mean that my support is 100% positive I tend to give out stick and praise in equal measure. 

At the end however. .. when the dust settles on another defeat I will console myself with the thought that we are one game closer to the end of the Bruce hiccup. I suspect many on here hoping for the loss are really just cushioning the blow of another defeat before it happens and will cheer any goal we score the same as me. 

Logic and supporting a modern football club are not good bedfellows. If you want a defeat as a way of grasping the nettle and weeding out Bruce before he causes more harm and for the greater good of the club then fair play to you and vive le difference. Fyi I think you are the logical ones not me, but even I can see that you want it for the greater good which is the sort of thing a fan would want.

• Like 4

Nicked off Twitter but this has how many times Bruce has said it's the worst we have been since he has been here:

3-0 loss to Brentford 

2-0 loss to Leeds 

1-0 loss at home to Ipswich

3-1  loss at home to Reading

3-0 loss to Cardiff

2-1 loss to Reading

0-0 v Brentford

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Nicked off Twitter but this has how many times Bruce has said it's the worst we have been since he has been here:

3-0 loss to Brentford 

2-0 loss to Leeds 

1-0 loss at home to Ipswich

3-1  loss at home to Reading

3-0 loss to Cardiff

2-1 loss to Reading

0-0 v Brentford

To be fair hes usually pretty accurate with these.

Somebody ought to point out to him though that by definition each time he says it he's pointing out we are getting worse lol.

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Of the many ridiculous recent posts in this thread, that is head and shoulders above the rest. 

You SERIOUSLY think the players should try to lose tonight to satisfy the desire of some people to see the manager go?

What will you do if we score a couple of goals? Start booing because they are failing to down tools? Start cheering for Middlesbrough?

In your rush to condemn his post it seems you didn't read it.

He said if he's lost the dressing room it is an opportunity for players to show that. Leicester with Ranieri last season is a recent example of it happening. 

He didn't once say that he demands the players do it.

Dear Steve Bruce,

If you read this please resign, by staying, you are not only making it worse for yourself but for the club, owner, board, staff, players and fans of AVFC.

Best wishes

Grasshopper

PS I've made my opinion loud and clear since january, on 2 occasions I've come to the point where I've realised he's "not going to leave anytime soon" so I'll get behind him.

However, after his first games in charge where he put points on the table,  I see no plan A B or even C, no development in our play and no improvement in our results. Anything positive that he has done, he couldn't maintain it over the whole course therefore he has not proved (imho) that he is capable of getting us promoted last or this season.

My final words are

Bruce Out asap

whatever it takes for DrT to pull the trigger must be.

I will do my best in resisting the urge to post untill he's gone. Roger, over and Out.

See you all on the other side

Â